May I Hear your LaScalas- PLEASE??

Cornwalled

Hello forum members!

I am strongly considering purchasing a set of La Scalas, but would like the opportunity to hear a set first. Would any La Scala owners be gracious enough to allow me to listen to their speakers for a little bit? I would be very grateful!

Don't worry Colterphoto, I'm not planning on getting rid of my Cornwalls :-) I would just like to add a set of LS to my collection. I am very curious about the LS midrange you comment about, but without hearing them for myself I am unsure if they will be to my liking.

I live in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, which is in the northeast section of the state, just a few miles from the New Jersey border. I would be willing to drive up to about 2 hours away. If there is anyone within that range that is willing to let me into your house, I would be extremely grateful. I can even bring some food!

-Jon

You are absolutely welcome to visit here anytime you like. I think I've got you covered on the comparison. You don't have to bring food...

BS

BS-I just realized that you are from Kentucky. Where abouts? My sister lives in Louisville.

David

I am probably on the outside of a 2 hr trip. Perhaps about 3 hrs away. I live in Horseheads NY about 15 minutes from Watkins Glen International Racetrack. I work for the State and travel periodically but I know I will be in town Easter Weekend and the weekend following. I have my amps set up in triode which gives excellent Mids but lacks bottom unless you dont mind some volume, then the bottom end returns. Check out mapquest to see if I am close enough for you to visit.

Brian

I am probably on the outside of a 2 hr trip. Perhaps about 3 hrs away. I live in Horseheads NY about 15 minutes from Watkins Glen International Racetrack. I work for the State and travel periodically but I know I will be in town Easter Weekend and the weekend following. I have my amps set up in triode which gives excellent Mids but lacks bottom unless you dont mind some volume, then the bottom end returns. Check out mapquest to see if I am close enough for you to visit.

Brian

What board did Mike use on your Mark III's?

Craig

Brian,

The weekend after Easter should work out alright. It is interesting that you mention triode having less bass. I am not as familiar with tube amps, as I've always had solid state. I would like to bring a few records and cds along to hear, if that's alright.

I'll have to get your address and get more detailed in town directions, as Mapquest typically suffers with in town streets.

I appreciate your generosity. Let me know, and we can try to set something up.

-Jon

I live alittle bit out in the country. Not to far out though. My e-mail address is Cunning42@aol.com. Feel free to contact me and I will get detailed directions for you. Just let me know which direction you are coming from. I would think through Binghamton and down 17/86W. Bring anything you would like to hear.

Brian

You are absolutely welcome to visit here anytime you like. I think I've got you covered on the comparison. You don't have to bring food...

BS

BS-I just realized that you are from Kentucky. Where abouts? My sister lives in Louisville.

David

Well David, then you're just gonna have to get down here to the Green, about 1.25 hours south on 65. Woodog is here, as well.