I bit the bullet, brought the rf-83 in cherry

Jay481985

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my Cornwalls the summer before my Junior year. I lived off campus so they never saw a dorm room. They did survive 4 different college houses and multiple roommates.

And yes, big Klipsch speakers are chick magnets at college.[;)] Go get em tiger!

Good for you Jay, time for some party? [<:o)]

My friends jump on my sub everytime they got into my room already(the PB 12ISD/V just looks like a nice, stable chair), I am glad that I live off campus since my freshman year and they can only come once in a while [:#]

• Moderators

and my roommate comes back from passover and he goes first thing he says "their going into the corner, right? There such an eyesore."

GRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH [:@]

Jay, where do you go to school? They allow you to share a dorm room with a girl?

HEY!

I get a single next year!

but .............

Nothing will go on top of them other then more speakers [;)] just kidding.

I mean he nearly scrathed the side with his bookbag and razor scooter before and if he does that somebody is gonna be missing a brand new ipod that he just got two days ago [:@]

also....... he told me to put them on my side...... in the pictures i had them on his side where there was 8 feet distance.... now it is barely 3 feet from my ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok now the horns sound a little too much in your face and harsh..... But this is purely distance that will solve that. I mean these are not near field speakers at all and I knew it from the begining. They sound perfect around 8-12 feet away atleast to my ears

Jay, count your blessings, you will have great audio for the rest of your life. He will settle for a Blows 321 system and be amazed at the wonderful sound they make for him and his overbearing henpecking wife.

you mean underage henpicking wife..... oopsss did I just say that? he 19 she 16 and sophomore in highschool..... oops again

• Moderators

I should have said an average girl. Amy, everyone knows you one in a million!

Oh my , you said it, don't back down, Amy knows what you said, sucking up won't help, it's too late!!

No, sucking up works just fine, keep goin [;)]

I should have said an average girl. Amy, everyone knows you one in a million!

Oh my , you said it, don't back down, Amy knows what you said, sucking up won't help, it's too late!!

No, sucking up works just fine, keep goin [;)]

Amazing, at the exact second Amy replied to my first post, the clouds parted and the sun came shining through! [;)]

Jay,

Isn't the academic nearing the end? You should be allright as long as he doesn't move/scratch/put-on-their-side while you're away... in which case, with Michael's permission you should unleash a can of whoop-***. Although my speakers are in my room, even on a party night my roomates know not to even get close to them with drinks. For party purposes I have a mono wrecked Kenwood 3-way (actually only works 1 1/2-way)... all they really care for is loud noise anyway ;)

Three weeks left and the roommate is like "the asthetics of the room still matter.....

I love his comment in which i put the boxes in a protective manner around the speakers so he cannot bump into them and they shield the rf83 from any idiot mistakes my roommate happens to do.... well and quote "it looks like a zoo now" I said well if you were not so god darn clumsy I would not need to protect the speakers.

He broke my brita water filter by bumping into the fridge which it was ontop of cause i was getting water and he tried to say well you can fix it by taping it up..... yet there was a 2X2 hold on the bottom of the plastic pitcher...... Then I brought a new one and it took him 3 months to get the money cause he kept spending it on more important things like candy......

lol I love that comment "the asthetics of the room still matter", is he hoping to bring a chick in there and impress her with the room's asthetics? "Oh no Jonny, we can't kiss while the speakers are staring at us".... if a pair of Klipsch isn't increasing the asthetic value of a dorm room exponentially, theres something wrong with your roomate ;-) I've heard/seen one too many incidents of bad roomates, I'm glad my roomate at residence in 1st year was very cool, we never had a tense moment. Well he may have gotten annoying when he tried to play punk rock with his classical acoustic guitar and sing at the same time, but thats a compromise for all the times he has had to sit through my loud metal CDs.