La Scala price fair?

hififreq

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meagain- Do you think that the "new" la scala's sound over 3k better?? I would lay down the $$$$ and thank him. Also,how much lower will he go, 200 300? WOWEE....

IDK how different they would sound (assuming the $1500 pair got upgrade crossovers), but there's a helluva lot of LaScalas out there, and yes - $1500 is on the high side for sure. I've seen lovely pairs go for $900-1k. If the buyer has been searching locally for 2 years and nothing's come up till now... that would be my deciding factor. Availability. And it's a matter of ponying up or passing.

Personally, if he has to drag them down 3 flights of stairs - that's worth $100 off if you ask me. :)

if they hadn't been beat i.e. carefully used by an original owner i'd pay that- $1500 is ok

if he sells them on an online auction and has to ship them it will cost $150 to pack them -maybe he will reduce the price a hundred $

the seller being local is a $200 - $250 savings to you cuz you don't have to pay shipping if you can get the original boxes that is a big plus

it's more about the sound -- if you get a great deal but find you don't like them; it is a fair piece of exercise moving them -- it's a clear sound without the excess bass of modern speakers you might find the tweeter a little bright tho i just clip the treble back a notch

if you like them you will keep them forever i have had my belles for 25 years & wouldn't consider anything else

I brought home a set of LaScala's a couple of years ago. As soon as the wife saw them it was (You are not keeping them in this house, those are ugly; get them out of the house) They lasted about a year before they left. Found some Belle's and showed her the pictures; no problems since they look good, sound good and she has plenty of space for pictures.

Think of it this way, for $500 more you get a much more elegant cabinet, new DeanG built DHA2Xover's, the premium solder terminal K-55V's, totally rewired and new gold plated spade lugs. My speakers will need nothing, just connect and enjoy!

If you want a truly stellar arrangement pick up my Velodyne F1500R 15" Servo controlled subwoofer and remote with the Belle's and prepare to be blown away. You can drive away with the Belle's and the Velo sub for $2400. Belle's alone have been selling in the $2200 - $2800 range and mine are really nice.

I picked up a pair of mint 93 lascalas with al3 crossovers about a year ago for 1050. I had to drive three hours to get them which is no big deal. Would I pay 1500 for them after I've had a year to enjoy them? Yes I would. But saying that and I may get flamed for this I still prefer my cornwalls with a slight edge. My wife likes the las over the corns. To my ears the corns just have a mellower balance. Now the las with proper equipment will put you on the edge of your seat and you will definitely enjoy them if you like the rf75's. I'd offer him 1200 which is a fair deal for ones in excellent condition without having to have them shipped.

Think of it this way, for $500 more you get a much more elegant cabinet, new DeanG built DHA2Xover's, the premium solder terminal K-55V's, totally rewired and new gold plated spade lugs. My speakers will need nothing, just connect and enjoy!

If you want a truly stellar arrangement pick up my Velodyne F1500R 15" Servo controlled subwoofer and remote with the Belle's and prepare to be blown away. You can drive away with the Belle's and the Velo sub for $2400. Belle's alone have been selling in the $2200 - $2800 range and mine are really nice.

I got your P.M. this morning.....thank you for your response!

I put my Dynaudio's up on Craigslist Boston this morning, so we'll see what happens. I was hoping to keep them until I was sure I loved the Klipsch's, but I'll need the extra dough for the Belle's. I can always find another pair of Dyn's if i HAVE to have them again.

If I can sell them before you sell the Belle's, we'll have to talk!!!!!

How far are you from Boston?

Corey

I brought home a set of LaScala's a couple of years ago. As soon as the wife saw them it was (You are not keeping them in this house, those are ugly; get them out of the house) They lasted about a year before they left. Found some Belle's and showed her the pictures; no problems since they look good, sound good and she has plenty of space for pictures.

I don't blame her.

I don't blame her.

Absolutely rediculous if you ask me!

There should be at least one room in the house where you control what goes in it. They can pick and choose whatever the hell they want for every other room, but the audio room should be your say and your say only (unless she will use the room as well). Most women wouldn't know what sounds good if it hit them over the head anyway. More importantly, most don't care...

Mike

ya got a job?

if the wfe objects to the plain look of the la scalas'

tell her to look in the mirror if she still objects ask her for her key to the house and get her a reservation at a local motel

get a lawyer get yourself free

if she wants her own room- buy her a good hammer and saw and get a pile of wood

i'm 57 yrs old now my mom wanted the home her way -my wife is the same it is a misery of crap female expectations if she doesn't like the speakers -walk =it gets alot worse

Well I have a different look on this. I wanted Belle's to begin with but could not find any within driving distance. I found the LaScala's and brougth them home. Just to get the reaction out of her that I wanted. When I decided to sell them she was happy thinking she was getting her way; I found the Belle's and had made the deal before she ever saw a picture of them. When I brought them home she helped unload them and then cleaned them as I was setting them up. We have been married over 26 yrs and get along just fine; I have a room for my toys, guns, tools and such. She is 5' 2" 105#'s size 3 jeans are loose on her. As far as my job I work for Dassault Falcon Aircraft in the final phase of flight test and delivery to the customer of their new $ 30 million plus aircraft. Bill

We have been married over 26 yrs and get along just fine; I have a room for my toys, guns, tools and such. She is 5' 2" 105#'s size 3 jeans are loose on her. As far as my job I work for Dassault Falcon Aircraft in the final phase of flight test and delivery to the customer of their new $ 30 million plus aircraft. Bill

so what?

I'm 53, own my own beach home and have a live-in girlfiend. If she gets too mouthy she knows where the door is. It's her choice to live with me, so don't feel too badly for her. Her rent is cheap and she gets the pleasure of my company and my awesome stereo. hehehe