Horn for Belle Klipsch

BEC

These horns are composite of some sort. The stuff is white if you scratch the black paint. They have a nice heft to them. Definately a cut above the average plastic horn.

Bob

post-9312-13819286669328_thumb.jpg

post-9312-1381929094324_thumb.jpg

post-9312-1381929490346_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Glad you're back. I have been thinking of a mod to the K77, which unfortunately. would mean a new mold for your tweeter. The idea is to grind off the flange on the K77, and put a new one 3/4 inches further back. Now it can be mounted from the back, but still be flush with the front of the cabinet. Whadaya think? It would be fairly easy on the K77 metal horn.

Bruce

post-7149-1381929490495_thumb.jpg

Bruce,

One problem with that. The hole would still not be big enough for just the horn to fit though. Notice that the factory cutout is the same size as the inside of the horn. It is not as big as the outside of the horn.

Since you need to make the cutout larger anyway, just use my CT125 and mount the horn from the outside and route a groove for the lip to fit flush on the outside. Then screw the driver on the back.

Bob

Bruce,

One problem with that. The hole would still not be big enough for just the horn to fit though. Notice that the factory cutout is the same size as the inside of the horn. It is not as big as the outside of the horn.

Since you need to make the cutout larger anyway, just use my CT125 and mount the horn from the outside and route a groove for the lip to fit flush on the outside. Then screw the driver on the back.

Bob

Yours sound better anyway! [;)]

You would still take off just enough, to the inside of the horn. Why not? Then you wouldn't have to do any routing on your precious cabinets. Got any spare K77 horns around anywhere? I have a couple of other ideas I'm working on, that could involve your Eminence driver. I'll save my pennies, but I have to build new crossovers first.

Bruce

Bob,

Thanks for posting. That Belle horn is a different looking animal than the K401. Kind of makes sense now that it is so much more expensive than the larger K401. I suppose that it is supplied by a different fabricator and probably does cost more to produce. Also, even when Belle was still in production, not as many units as compared to LaScala and Khorns.

about a year and a half ago the quoted me $169 for a K-501 horn. I found a used K-500 for less and passed on it. Now I hear they're claiming out -of-stock, never to be stocked again. Guess I'll call again, see for myself.

Yeh, that would make sense I suppose, since the Belle has been discontinued. I'd think there are probably a handful of parts that they are keeping to service the Belle's recently manufactured and still under warranty.... though I don't think there are lots of calls for warranty horn replacement... but who knows. Just when you sell out all remaining stock is when you'd need one.