What finish is this on my cornwalls? (Type: C-RR)

hybridamp

As Mr. Hunter commented, these are indeed Ramblin Rose. It was a reconstituted log (though that term is a bit misleading) that was then shaved into this wild looking veneer. In those years, Klipsch would on occasion offer a special, limited run of a unique veneer. There were others beside RR, but names escape me at the moment. Our rep would bring sample boards to us or we'd get them shipped direct from Klipsch. We had a large box of veneer samples each about 8 X 11". I think I recall at least 3 different limited edition finishes.

Well, if that basturrd [;)] doesn't show up, PLEASE, PLEASE CALL ME! [:'(]

GOD!, I can't believe I didn't find these sooner. That's what I get for straying away too long. Shyt!

CB, I have not contacted him.....the TD124 MkII that Kudret has took presedence over the car system. Besides, it's I'd been looking for a pristine one for quite some time. And now, Allan posted a true NOS one on ebay right now. Ahhh!

lol

Well, if it's any consolation, I already regret selling them. [:'(]

I went afterwards to my local dealer to price a pair of RF-7 and RE-82's, as they are nicely smaller than the Cornwalls were...

They're a little more than I was guessing from just watching eBay auctions. Ah well.[:o] I will just have to save up some more cash.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't sell my zebrawoods for any price (within reason). Somehow I've managed to keep them all these years without even a nick. Something about being the original owner makes it all the more difficult to part with them which is why it suprised me to see you sell.

Thanks so much for the research and assistance, I'm going to be cheerishing my cornwalls for years to come, especially now that I know what kind of finish they have. I love my reference series home theater setup as well, but I seriously enjoy the unique sound of the cornwalls. [:D]

Ah um...................