PWK Rolling Stone article! Large & slow to load

DizRotus

EDIT: 04-17-2006 The article has been located and is attached below.

Does anyone have a copy of the c.70s Rolling Stone Magazine interview of PWK? A scanned copy or PDF would be great. An alternatve would be to identify the date of the interview and the issue.

This inquiry was prompted by references to the article in a 2-Channel thread (http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/715016.aspx ). My curiosity prompted me to ask here also. The following then took place in the other thread:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

boom3 wrote, "I have seen it posted here before, so a search may turn it up It was not an equipment review per se. It was more about Paul, the culture of K&A, the history of hi-fi, etc. The reviewer owned LaScalas."

Prior to posting the inquiry, I used the search function and found several threads that referred to the article, including one that, apparently, included the article as an attachment. Unfortunately, archived posts often no longer contain attachments; this one did not.

The interview of PWK and the Rolling Stones article were done by Tim Cahill. One of the related archived threads included an email from Cahill to a forum member confirming the fact that he still owned and enjoyed La Scalas that hed purchased from Steve Living In The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />USA Miller, an old friend of his.

My curiosity is only heightened by the unsuccessful search for the actual article. Surely someone has a copy or can identify the issue by date. I suppose I could always go the public library and find it the old fashioned way, but that seems so primitive when its probably only a few key strokes away.

Rick-

I sent you an email. If I had a copy I could scan it to make it available over the Internet. I don't know how to create a PDF. Perhaps I'll post a request for a PDF creation tutorial. Undoubtedly copyright issues would arise if someone posted a PDF of the article on the forum.

Thanks,

I work in a college library but we didn't have the proper index, nor

the back issues of RS. However, the public library did. The

issue is Sept 26, 1974. Tanya Tucker is on the cover and in the

top left corner it says "Special 1975 HiFi Issue". The title of

the article is "I have been to the city of Hope and my ears are open

wide". The library had the actual issue in a bound volume.

I made some large photocopies but I doubt they'd scan very well.

Martin.

Thank you to Rick Tate for copying the Rolling Stone article about PWK and sending a copy to me.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ive scanned the three pages of text and have attached them to this and subsequent posts. I apologize for the large file size, but any attempt to resize the scans destroyed the resolution, which is not great to start with, since the 11 x 17 page format of Rolling Stone had to first be reduced to 8.5 x 11 prior to scanning.

Now that Ive seen the article, I recall reading it many years ago. Nonetheless, its an enjoyable read for anyone who appreciates Klipsch speakers.

Downloading the JPGs and opening them works great.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Excellent article, communicates more about what PWK was like than the book does!

$1200 for a Khorn in the seventies is about $3,600 in inflation-adjusted dollars today.

Hope, the land of the segregation battles!

Interesting period piece, except that it says nothing of the impact Dynaco ST70s had on the burgeoning stereo industry (music with 2 speakers!) and this new fangled thing called the solid-state amplifier.

BTW, Rolling stone is suspiciously lacking in stereo articles.

Copyright issues arise only when proper credit is not given or the material is used for commercial purposes.

[H]

Thank you for posting that. That kept me from going into the attic and finding the RS issue packed away in boxes. How refreshing. I knew I wanted Klipsch speakers for some reason and now I know it goes back to 1975 in a subconscious article tucked into those brain cells. The ones that are left of course.

Again thanks. Oh the memories.

To be a rock and not to roll.