La Scala Anniversary Review Stereoplay April 2006

turntable3

@all

thanks for your appreciation of the review!

I am still waiting for my Scalas and I have to wait some more weeks until may I suppose.

Right now I have no tube amp but I am intending to buy one or change my ML431 for a 300B.

This decision will be made after listening tests with the Scalas.

Kind regards @all

Jack

Thanks for the translation! I think this is the first review of the La Scala I have read also.

The reviewer said "Tannoy on the other side wanted to be pleased by ss-amps and felt great with the new Luxman
L 507f
which made the Tannoy sound very smooth." I have the Luxman L 505f int amp which is the model below the L 507f and I use it as a preamp with Cayin TA 30 tube amp and my 2004 La Scalas with excellent results. I also use just the Luxman L 505f with excellent results. The luxman by itself sounds best with music without vocals and the Luxman/Cayin combo works better with music with vocals.

I think the reviewer did a very good job of listing the strengths and weaknesses of the La Scala. Thanks again for the review!

For anyone interested in article about Klipsch there is one in Home Theater magazine's April or May. The cover is blue and has Jessica Simpson on it.

Inside there is a articel by a reviewer who has reviewed Klipsch home theater systems before and like them very much. I belive the articel said he owns Klipsch also.

The article is about the history of Klipsch as a company going from 2 channel Heritage to today making everything from home theater speakers, Movie Theater speakers, ipod and computer speakers, and still making the Heritage speakers.

It is 3-4 pages and you can tell the reviewer likes Klipsch.

@xman

I bought black ones because the colour fits to my room.

The moondogs are very nice. This amp could please me too.

All these chinese tube-amps which are sold here in germany I don't like.

What the price did you pay for the moondogs? On the net I did not find a german distributor.

Jack