I have Cherry F-3s

RTTR

I have Cherry F-3s in my avatar, look aren't they pretty, it's too bad I don't own the real things.

"I grins at Klipsch"

And don't even think about selling them in the US now AFTER I bought the black ones.

Anyway... ranting over, for thoes that don't know, a pretty cherry version of the Synergy series is available overseas, but not here, don't ask me why, maybe Amy can tell us.

http://shopping.sorishop.com/goods/g_detail.html?gid=9347

Customers in Korea and a few other regions in Asia prefer that particular "cherry" color over black by more than 9:1. That is not the case in the US. Even the color of that "cherry" is specific to the intended region. It is quite a bit more orange in tone than "cherry" that is popular in the US.

We aim to please but take into account rates of sale and economies of scale. You would likely be surprised at the minimum purchase quantity of the vinyl material.

Jay,

I don't understand. What black plastic on your new RF-83s vs. the cherry F-3?

Well looking at the cherry f3 the cherry veneer or vinyl extends around the actual woofers and you can see the wood in the front. While the rf-83 baffle has that black plastic covering but none of that beautiful cherry veneer.... well like 1/8 of an inch really

• Klipsch Employees

Jay,

I don't understand. What black plastic on your new RF-83s vs. the cherry F-3?

Well looking at the cherry f3 the cherry veneer or vinyl extends around the actual woofers and you can see the wood in the front. While the rf-83 baffle has that black plastic covering but none of that beautiful cherry veneer.... well like 1/8 of an inch really

True,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Reference line has a "in set" motor board. The Plastic sits "into" the front of the speaker acting as a seal and aligning the holes for screws.

All this allows the cabinet to be built in a way that makes them very strong. It also makes building them much more easy and controllable. In the RF-7 the motor board has to go through many stages of paint to look like it does. There can be a large fail rate in that process, (one spec of dust in the paint and back to the sanding dept)

With the new look there is none of that.

The new Synergy line has a "knife edge wrap" cabinet. Very clean look. But we could not make that line in the same way we make the Reference cabinets

Customers in Korea and a few other regions in Asia prefer that particular "cherry" color over black by more than 9:1. That is not the case in the US. Even the color of that "cherry" is specific to the intended region. It is quite a bit more orange in tone than "cherry" that is popular in the US.

We aim to please but take into account rates of sale and economies of scale. You would likely be surprised at the minimum purchase quantity of the vinyl material.

So if I am part Korean I can get some Cherry? They are b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l!!

• Klipsch Employees

paint??? you mean stain/gloss?

Also I do rather prefer veneer over plastic but the plastic is top rate I think 1/4 inch thick by the way it sounds knocking on it.

the wood on the motorboard of the RF7 is MDF. It is not a "pretty" wood, only easy to work with and sounds good. The edges must be filled and sanded and filled and sanded and painted and sanded and painted and baked and checked to be ok ....

Stain and gloss is on the "cherry" part of the cabinet.

We go through a lot to make the plastic sound as solid as it does.

Oh Trey, RTTR sent me a link showing the quintet II using and quote

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL:

Stone Mineral Compound

what the heck is that and why does drwho like it sooo much?

Also I brain farted on the rf-7 thinking it was like the cherry f3 that wrapped around the speaker and not that black face it had.