Question for Amy??

Dylanl

Amy, tell me the truth, are speakers and amp combinations really important to you? I mean do you really care, or do you just keep the online herd in line? The reason I ask is because I have yet to meet a woman that truley cares about good sound, pre amps, tube combinations etc. They act like they care for our sake but if the crap went back tommorow they would never miss it. Maybe I just don't know enough women but I see very little influence here or on other forums. Amy, I am not trying to put you on the spot but just I was just wondering. Don't get me wrong it's OK if you don't, this crazy passion seems to haunt more guys than gals. Would this audio passion be considered a fedish?

I always wonder why? Is this quest for audio greatness linked with Horse Power ratings, Truck pulls, Studio wrestling and Clint Eastwood?

Answer me this: why men and not so many women? I guess the answer falls in the prettiest girl thread in the general forum somewhere. If anyone one of you audiophiles has the answers please clue me in.[8-)]

Amy, tell me the truth, are speakers and amp combinations really important to you? I mean do you really care, or do you just keep the online herd in line? The reason I ask is because I have yet to meet a woman that truley cares about good sound, pre amps, tube combinations etc. They act like they care for our sake but if the crap went back tommorow they would never miss it. Maybe I just don't know enough women but I see very little influence here or on other forums. Amy, I am not trying to put you on the spot but just I was just wondering. Don't get me wrong it's OK if you don't, this crazy passion seems to haunt more guys than gals. Would this audio passion be considered a fedish?

I always wonder why? Is this quest for audio greatness linked with Horse Power ratings, Truck pulls, Studio wrestling and Clint Eastwood?

Answer me this: why men and not so many women? I guess the answer falls in the prettiest girl thread in the general forum somewhere. At 36 I still have a lot to learn. If anyone one of you audiophiles has the answers please clue me in.[8-)]

I think it's a fair question BUT, you should have taken alittle more time in preparing your question . There is no need to ask Amy that question personally, it should have been a question directed to Female Forum members in General[:$], and let the Ladies respond for themselves. You might be surprised at what you see. My take; Women are smarter than men when it comes to money matters and tend to be less wasteful, and less apt to blow money on a hobby, or addiction. Besides, with Alpha Males dumping money into the stereo, why would they need to? Must be alot of trees in your yard?

• Moderators

Hey, I don't mind answering at all!

As a Klipsch employee for almost 6 years, I can say that I've developed a passion for our products that certainly wasn't there before (I'd never heard of Klipsch, or had any interest in audio). When I was younger (high school/college age), I LOVED music, and preferred it over television, but I wasn't concerned with equipment or sound. Just a good tune.

Now that I'm in the industry, I have a much greater appreciation for audio. I'm still not an aficiondo in amps/electronics by any means, but I have been learning a great deal, and trying to pay attention! Speakers are much more interesting to me--asthetics just as much as sound quality. I'm definitely not on par with most of you guys, though!

I can't really answer the women vs men question, as far as why the interests are so diverse. Men, as a gender, seem to be more (at the risk of being offensive) child-like in their tastes... hobbies that essentially involve large toys (cars, boats, stereos, electronics, sports, etc), while women are drawn to more "grown-up" interests that support the nurturing of family--having homes with nice things that look and feel comfortable, food and nutrition, educational activities.... Women are also more apt to carry on in detailed conversations with their friends--topics such as love, relationships, children, etc---loud music isn't exactly condusive. Men just like to show off their toys to their friends. [:)]

Not to say there isn't a great deal of overlap, but I think the differences are clear for the most part. I have no idea why--I suppose hundreds of years of role playing has made some things inherent. I doubt it's actually genetic, but I've been wrong a couple times.

I'm sorry, what was the question?

Thanks, Amy for the response. My post was not in any way trying to call you out, I just wondered what you thought was on audio. I appreciate your candor. I am sorry because others seemed to percive this as a negitive thread but that wasn't my intention in any way. If you ever read my other posts you will see what type of person I am. I don't name call or degarde others like what has been suggested toward me in this thread. If this is percieved as a kiddy question then I stand corrected

I do however think it is a fair question seeing the few women that reside here and I am interested in Amy's viewpoint. That's all it was a viewpoint question!

As far as giving up the Belle," lets see"? Belles, Khorns or Altec Model 19s HMMM?? you can keep the Belles. Remember, there was about 1500 in cash involved.

• Moderators

Thanks, Amy for the response. My post was not in any way trying to call you out, I just wondered what you thought was on audio. I appreciate your candor. I am sorry because others seemed to percive this as a negitive thread but that wasn't my intention in any way. If you ever read my other posts you will see what type of person I am. I don't name call or degarde others like what has been suggested toward me in this thread. If this is percieved as a kiddy question then I stand corrected

I didn't take it that way at all--I think others were reading into it a little much! I thought it was a valid question. The dynamics of this industry are interesting, both on a professional level and as a hobby.

Hey, I don't mind answering at all!

As a Klipsch employee for almost 6 years, I can say that I've developed a passion for our products that certainly wasn't there before (I'd never heard of Klipsch, or had any interest in audio). When I was younger (high school/college age), I LOVED music, and preferred it over television, but I wasn't concerned with equipment or sound. Just a good tune.

Now that I'm in the industry, I have a much greater appreciation for audio. I'm still not an aficiondo in amps/electronics by any means, but I have been learning a great deal, and trying to pay attention! Speakers are much more interesting to me--asthetics just as much as sound quality. I'm definitely not on par with most of you guys, though!

I can't really answer the women vs men question, as far as why the interests are so diverse. Men, as a gender, seem to be more (at the risk of being offensive) child-like in their tastes... hobbies that essentially involve large toys (cars, boats, stereos, electronics, sports, etc), while women are drawn to more "grown-up" interests that support the nurturing of family--having homes with nice things that look and feel comfortable, food and nutrition, educational activities.... Women are also more apt to carry on in detailed conversations with their friends--topics such as love, relationships, children, etc---loud music isn't exactly condusive. Men just like to show off their toys to their friends. [:)]

Not to say there isn't a great deal of overlap, but I think the differences are clear for the most part. I have no idea why--I suppose hundreds of years of role playing has made some things inherent. I doubt it's actually genetic, but I've been wrong a couple times.

I'm sorry, what was the question?

Talk about stereo......... typing[;)]

Well said NOSValves...

I agree with everything except what you said about detailed conversations. Women are very artificial, a lot of the time. They often compliment each other out of spite and on and on. Not bashing anyone, you got to say your things...so its only fair. Yes, Men like their big toys...cars, audio etc...but a good man always provides for his family and honestly: what more does he need to do? We cant have both man and woman caring about the aesthetics...otherwise there would never be a La-Scala...and any other speaker, other than little cubes.

Men dont need (*think they dont*) to converse in order to express opinion because they develop opinion on their own.

I should add, I never wanted to bring up my large speakers to my girlfriend/future wife because something inside me told me it wasnt a good idea. My mother hates large things...and after a conversation with my girlfriend, I got the same.

SO I figure...this is how I figure, if I have the audio gear before getting married...what can she do, right? Part of my package, so to speak.

• Moderators

Whoa now, I didn't say anything about men not being good providers...I was strickly speaking on a hobby or interest level.

Notice I also said "detailed" conversation....not necessarily "deep" or "meaningful!"