Question for Amy??

Dylanl

• Moderators

Talk about stereo......... typing[;)]

Cute pun, NOS...but I'm curious as to why you think it's stereotyping when out of almost 20,000 members of this forum over the years, I've seen maybe 20 (if that) women?

I don't think I'm sterotyping, I'm just being honest. I'm in the middle of this business, so trust me, I'm familiar. It may not be PC, but I've never been into being PC.

"Men, as a gender, seem to be more (at the risk of being offensive) child-like in their tastes... hobbies that essentially involve large toys (cars, boats, stereos, electronics, sports, etc), while women are drawn to more "grown-up" interests that support the nurturing of family--having homes with nice things that look and feel comfortable, food and nutrition, educational activities.... Women are also more apt to carry on in detailed conversations with their friends--topics such as love, relationships, children, etc---loud music isn't exactly condusive."

Women like nick nack shelves, they have 856 pairs of shoes that all hurt their feet. Towels that hang up for all to see and you can't use them cuz they're the "good towels" [*-)]. The color "Mauve" [8-)] or peach, tangerine, lime, key lime....those are fruits not colors! We have no idea what "cute" or "darling" really means and yes we are not always thinking about the relationship truth is we rarely think about it, it is hard enough for us to remember two dates your Bday and our wedding anniversary let alone the anniversary of our first date or where we went or what we did. So just when were you gonna tell us about the "Day Spa" trip that showed up AMEX card<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Men, we have four full sets of socket wrenches, yes we really do need to keep a drawer in the kitchen full of tools we never use. Of course we need a drill press, compound sliding mitre saw, table saw and reciprocating saw. Yes the air compressor will fit in the garage we just have to move a few things around, we'll get it out of the laundry room soon give us a break jeessh! We did not mean to drip oil all over your good towel we just wanted to keep it off the garage floor. So what if we can remember all of the batting averages for the entire Yankee line up for last 10 years and forgot to get flowers on Valetines day. And no those d@mn speakers are not too big they fit just perfectly into the corners, fer crying out loud just listen to em. Well we were just waiting for the right moment to tell you about putting the new subwoofer on the AMEX card but you seemed too preoccupied and we did not want to bother you after all we were just being considerate.

[:D][;)]

Talk about stereo......... typing[;)]

Cute pun, NOS...but I'm curious as to why you think it's stereotyping when out of almost 20,000 members of this forum over the years, I've seen maybe 20 (if that) women?

I don't think I'm sterotyping, I'm just being honest. I'm in the middle of this business, so trust me, I'm familiar. It may not be PC, but I've never been into being PC.

Amy,

Relax I was just funning you! You know I'm in the Biz as they say also and yes all my primary customers are of the male gender. I have one in-direct customer that is female. But I have many positive comments about my products and work from the secondary spouses all the time.

We know you like the hobby being predominantly male heck you run off all the potential females participants[;)] Then you try to tell us they were hairy legged men........... LMAO!!!

Craig

HER DIARY:

Saturday night I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to

meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friend all day

long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but

he made no comment. Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we

go somewhere quiet so we could talk, he agreed but he kept quiet and

absent. I asked him what was wrong he said nothing. I asked him if it

was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing to do with me

and not to worry. On the way home I told him that I loved him, he

simply smiled and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior; I don't

know why he didn't say I love you too. When we got home I felt as if I

had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just

sat there and watched TV He seemed distant and absent. Finally I

decided to go to bed, about 10 minutes later he came to bed and to my

surprise he responded to my caress and we made love, but I still felt

that he was distracted and his thoughts were somewhere else. I decided

that I could not take it anymore so I decided to confront him with the

situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I

too fell asleep. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his

thoughts are with someone else.

My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY:

I missed an enormous 10-point buck this morning. I can't shoot worth a

damn anymore; maybe my eyesight is getting bad? Got laid though.

• Moderators

Amy,

Relax I was just funning you! You know I'm in the Biz as they say also and yes all my primary customers are of the male gender. I have one in-direct customer that is female. But I have many positive comments about my products and work from the secondary spouses all the time.

We know you like the hobby being predominantly male heck you run off all the potential females participants[;)] Then you try to tell us they were hairy legged men........... LMAO!!!

Craig

I know you were funning, Craig (I think I know you a little by now!), but I had to defend myself! I have to work a little harder at saving face around here, since I'm just an insignificant girl in a world of hairy legged men!! [:)]

Women With Hairy Legs Flocking To Canada

WHITEHORSE, Yukon Territory (Wireless Flash) The sight of

a woman with hairy legs usually grosses people out, but at one

festival in Canada, it will earn the ape-like woman a prize.

The 45th Annual Yukon Sourdough Rendezvous in Whitehorse will

begin Wednesday (Feb. 24) and one of the biggest events is the

Womens Hairy Leg Contest.

In the contest, the hairy-limbed ladies compete in three

different categories that consist of the densest

hair, the longest hair and the most

horrific hair.

The winner in each category is determined by a barber in the

small town and receives a gold plated razor.

Amy Unger for President...and I mean that. We American boys need a woman President and it needs to be Amy or someone just like her.

What a marvelous insight and balanced commentary. In my lifetime as a music lover I've constantly wondered about why women seem to have little or no interest in the reproduction of music (OK guys, don't EVEN go anywhere with that!). I've even gone so far as to wonder if the the ratio of female to male composers is similar to the ratio of female to male audiophiles. A truly grand mystery!

My wife has twice my brains and a depth of soul that boggles the mind. However, as I mentioned in another recent thread, I tried to get her to listen "through" the music to the sound of fingers on keys, the initial grit of a bow touching strings, and the chiff preceding the sounding of an organ pipe...and all she heard was great music.

There is something VERY profound here (Burp...time for another beer).

Dave

AD said:

"Men dont need (*think they dont*) to converse in order to express opinion because they develop opinion on their own."

I can converse a bit but I'm married and not allowed to have an opinion......I can share her opinion if I want well actually I'm better off sharing it even if I don't want to...

• Like 1

Well, if Dynal is saying his mea culpas, I'll do the same.

NOS took me to task and of course he's a good person.

I looked back to figure out what I found offensive. Did I have a bad day? Not really.

It seemed to me that the "question" had statements implying duplicity in general, by woman as a gender, and by Amy specifically.

It got my goat. Call me a sexist in my own way. I was defending our Earth Mother.

The general subjects announced are worthy of discussion. As Amy entertained by her intellect and charm.

Gil

• Moderators

It's all in good fun guys (and meagain... do weigh in when those nails dry!).

We all know the stereo types of men vs women, and of course of these range from absolute truth to the completely ridiculous. Me? I hate to cook, wear minimal make-up, never do my nails, hate talking on the phone, don't gossip with girlfriends... I love NFL football, fishing, TV shows like Seconds from Disaster, Modern Marvels, Forensic Files and South Park.... and I'd rather see a movie with Will Ferrell than Julia Roberts... but I don't think any of those things make me less of a woman. I'm still a mom, and I do like a strategically placed knick knack along with a scented candle. I plant my flowers every spring, and I have way too many throw pillows.

And I do NOT like Nascar. [;)]

Even though generalizations can be made that often turn out to be true, we are all unique.

• Moderators

I was defending our Earth Mother.

The general subjects announced are worthy of discussion. As Amy entertained by her intellect and charm.

Gil

I forgot to say....

....thanks, Gil. [:$]

Well William / Gil, I agree with mea culpas on the way the question was taken not on what I meant.

As far as duplicity, read any of my previous 1000 posts and you will see I don't play those games.

Maybe you will think better of me in the future or at least give me the benifit of the dout.

It's all in good fun guys (and meagain... do weigh in when those nails dry!).

We all know the stereo types of men vs women, and of course of these range from absolute truth to the completely ridiculous. Me? I hate to cook, wear minimal make-up, never do my nails, hate talking on the phone, don't gossip with girlfriends... I love NFL football, fishing, TV shows like Seconds from Disaster, Modern Marvels, Forensic Files and South Park.... and I'd rather see a movie with Will Ferrell than Julia Roberts... but I don't think any of those things make me less of a woman. I'm still a mom, and I do like a strategically placed knick knack along with a scented candle. I plant my flowers every spring, and I have way too many throw pillows.

And I do NOT like Nascar. [;)]

Even though generalizations can be made that often turn out to be true, we are all unique.

Amy, will you MARRY ME?

Michael- your loyal servant