Question for Amy??

Dylanl

Amy-

You just explained in the abstract the differences between men and women that have discussions in the following:

Report discussions = Men talking in facts and fiqures.

Raport discussions = Women talking in non-statistical opinions, etc. ("That's a pretty shade of green...")

Credit to Dr. Deborah Tannen - author of the book "You just don't' understand!"

, and I do like a strategically placed knick knack along with a scented candle. I plant my flowers every spring, and I have way too many throw pillows.

And I do NOT like Nascar. [;)]

Even though generalizations can be made that often turn out to be true, we are all unique.

Amy, please, PLEASE just tell me that you don't have any doylies (sp?)!!!!![;)]

David

, and I do like a strategically placed knick knack along with a scented candle. I plant my flowers every spring, and I have way too many throw pillows.

And I do NOT like Nascar. [;)]

Even though generalizations can be made that often turn out to be true, we are all unique.

David

• Moderators

David

No problem--- I have NO DOYLIES!! My grandmother had them--all they seemed to do was collect dust.

I hate dust.

Frankly, I'm quite happy if women prefer different hobbies than most men. The scary thing is that my wife looks at all my toys and tweaks, and then looks at me with those questioning eyes.

Why? They seem to say.

I try and explain what each tweak does, This is the reason I do things this way. Or that way. It does this or that to the sound. She sits down to listen. I perform my conjuring tricks. She pats me on the cheek.

She says; "I thought the system sounded better before your tweaks..." [:^)]

That's why I have a bar in my listening room.

I wonder if the Forums for designer clothing-makers, Harrison Ford lovers, jewelry companies, or shoe boutiques are crammed with just lady members?

This thread illuminates how I'm not the only man whose most significant also has zero input into the music of the house, other than "Could you please turn it down? I can't hear myself talking--". This whole Forum is great because I don't feel quite so alone digging the tunes while she's rolling her eyes--

Amy--I love your comment that men have more juvenile hobbies, and women like home hobbies. With sound systems, men are finding a way to stay home and not go listen to music at a bar, or somewhere else away from home-- With men's adventurous and wandering nature, there's alot to be said for that--

Darn good rationalization, huh?