READ ABOUT A SMALL PERSON CALLED GEORGE WRIGHT!!!!

MICA

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still can't believe the amount of activity on this thread. Everyone seems to have an opinion on it, but isn't really between Mr. Wright and Mica, an unsatisfied customer wanting what he paid for, and Mr. Wright being paid for the work he performed? If I had a Corvette and took it to a shop, and it came back with a Ford engine, I'd be upset, who wouldn't? On the same token,E-mails full of swearing, and name calling is not the way to get things straightened out, it just adds to the fire, and in the end, makes you look,not very good.What's the saying,"You catch more Bees with sugar than you will with vinegar". End your dispute like gentlemen, not little boys.

When Mario puts the amps up for sale as soon as he gets them back from the transplant operation, his strategy becomes tranparently obvious. He wanted to make them look like a modern/newer set, WITH George's personal signature on each monobloc, and then he would put them up for sale for a steep price.

Out of curiousity, I just got a quote of $375 to transplant a Pilot 232 EL-84 PP amp into a new platform. George quoted Mario $265 to do two SET monoblocks, with two replacement platforms. By nature of his attempted kindness, George knew he was close to working for free from the start.

In the end, Mario will not be out a penny, and he is availing himself of every opportunity to besmirch the good name George has worked hard to develop for close to ten years. Heck, had Mario opened his wallet and pulled out $500, he probably would have gotten two brand new matched amps and George would have eaten the prototypes to rework and resell at his leisure.

Mario should stop trying to harm George at this point.

Dave,

You've got a good take on this and a thoughtful projection of a scenario that could have been better than a win-win situation for marius.

Marius, if you are still out there, I hope you will take posts such as this an opportunity to receive some good coaching on how to accomplish what you want. Usually things like this can be accomplished in good order. Take it as an opportunity to learn from experience, in a non-blaming way.

Marius, if you are still out there, I hope you will take posts such as this an opportunity to receive some good coaching on how to accomplish what you want. Usually things like this can be accomplished in good order. Take it as an opportunity to learn from experience, in a non-blaming way.

That is the best advice I have seen!

Daddy <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Dee's advice to Marius (MICA) is indeed excellent, but will it fall on fertile ground?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If one takes the time to read MICAs other posts (search "MICA" in 2-Channel) and gives credence to the comments from credible long-time forum members, e.g. Guy Landau, regarding MICAs history of profanity laced emails, the parable of casting pearls before swine seems to describe DDs attempt to educate MICA.

IMO, the real issue is not the amps, the refurbishment, etc. The real issue is MICAs propensity to immediately resort to insults and profanity when he is disappointed. Given MICAs negative history on this forum, it was naïve for him to originally post the insult laden emails and expect support from the forum members.

IMO George Wrights responsealbeit flawedto this unfortunate situation was much more civil and reasonable than MICAs. I pity anyone who must interact with MICA in the future. OTOH, I'd deal with George Wright without reservation.

...It appears that most who sympathaize with this guy have not had personal dealings with G. Wright. I personally do not believe his amps are now mismatched...

I certainly don't 'sympathise' with MICA. By all accounts the facts appear to support the assertion that MICA sent two matching mono blocs to Mr. Wright and received two mismatched mono blocs in return. Regardless of what went on between the two (and they are equally to blame), MICA is entitled to have his two mono blocs returned. Equally Mr. Wright is entitled to be paid for his work. MICA has to learn patience, and Mr. Wright need to be more particular about what work he takes on.

Your basing your matching amplifiers point on missing information. If you read all the correspondence Mica has obviously left out some parts of it. The gaps are huge. I believe if this was researched (like we really need to do that) we would find that he made the choice on his own to save a buck. It all stands to reason from my end.

The entire story has only been presented by one side. No one can make a educated decision from a one sided situation.

I myself will side with the long standing reputable company then someone that has shown time and again to be a lunatic.

Oh and I'm far from a fan of SET amplifiers as everyone knows here.

Craig

Yes Fini but honestly my brain is in information over load. I'm just visiting here to try and relax and get my mind off other things. My Dad is not in a good situation once again. So I simply can not think straight so I'm trying to avoid to many complications. In fact I'm almost to the point of cutting off all incoming work. I'll be more then happy to take care of you but let me get my Dad squared away. I was just on the road to catching up with the work load once again........

Craig

Craig,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad's condition. Putting aside work for a while is probably a good thing. Phone me if you wanna rap.

Take care,

Gregg