READ ABOUT A SMALL PERSON CALLED GEORGE WRIGHT!!!!

MICA

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...There is no doubt that all of you guys don't understand what was really happened?... You don't want to see the fact that I send 2 nice amps without lettering to that idiot and get back 3 months latter 2 completely different amps.One taller than other one,one black,one grey and also with different speakers connectors.This should be a matched pair.

So MICA, my understanding is that you sent 2 amps with the same chassis. Is that right?

You were later shipped a pair of amps, both with a different chassis. Is that corrrect?

If that is the situation, then you deserve to have your original matched pair returned to you. Regardless of the misunderstanding between you and Mr. Wright.

Buying into amplifiers like these, requires a certain leap of faith. Only for the very experienced and dedicated audiophile, I would suggest.

I'd be ripped if someone did what George did to Mica too. I wouldn't air my dirty linen in an open forum like he did though. I'd sue Wright Sound in Small Claims Court for deminished value.

Let's see: Mica had a pair of amps worth $1000 CDN and sent them off to Wight Sound. Without charge Wright Sound repaired the amps and returned them. Now Mica is forced to sell those same amps because of the diminished value for $1200 CDN.

He should sue Wright Sound for .... wait is something wrong with my calculator? I'll get back to you.

Rick

I'd be ripped if someone did what George did to Mica too. I wouldn't air my dirty linen in an open forum like he did though. I'd sue Wright Sound in Small Claims Court for deminished value.

Let's see: Mica had a pair of amps worth $1000 CDN and sent them off to Wight Sound. Without charge Wright Sound repaired the amps and returned them. Now Mica is forced to sell those same amps because of the diminished value for $1200 CDN.

He should sue Wright Sound for .... wait is something wrong with my calculator? I'll get back to you.

Rick

Sue?......everybody is so friggan sue happy now days.

Mica is forced to sell? ........Why?......Maybe I am "forced" to sell my pickup because it has lost a huge chunk of value after driving it off the lot. Didn't he buy them used?

Wright was trying to help

....................[:D][:P][:D]

There are some real slippery sellers on EBay, and a few other selling forums. Mica's behaviour almost makes me want to e-mail potential(interested) buyers and ask them "Do you REALLY want to know what the seller thinks of these amps?"

The best part would be Mica making sure that everyone know exactly what he thinks about quality, engineering and appearance of the product for sale. [8-|]

There are some real slippery sellers on EBay, and a few other selling forums. Mica's behaviour almost makes me want to e-mail potential(interested) buyers and ask them "Do you REALLY want to know what the seller thinks of these amps?"

The best part would be Mica making sure that everyone know exactly what he thinks about quality, engineering and appearance of the product for sale. [8-|]

Apparently, the only problem with that is that MICA obviously doesn't think.

I'm with meagain on this one. GW should have sent the amps back with cat wizz in them, or better yet, a couple of choice cat turds strategically placed in the hottest spots inside the chassis.

Let's face it, MICA sucks. That's all there is to it.

...There is no doubt that all of you guys don't understand what was really happened?... You don't want to see the fact that I send 2 nice amps without lettering to that idiot and get back 3 months latter 2 completely different amps.One taller than other one,one black,one grey and also with different speakers connectors.This should be a matched pair.

So MICA, my understanding is that you sent 2 amps with the same chassis. Is that right?

You were later shipped a pair of amps, both with a different chassis. Is that corrrect?

If that is the situation, then you deserve to have your original matched pair returned to you. Regardless of the misunderstanding between you and Mr. Wright.

Buying into amplifiers like these, requires a certain leap of faith. Only for the very experienced and dedicated audiophile, I would suggest.

Wow! Is that the end result? Yeah, it would have to be someone totally unconcerned with the appearance of his amps to be happy getting back two mismatched monoblocks. So he goes from having two matched monoblocks without lettering to two mismatched monoblocks with lettering--I don't think anyone piling on Marius here would find that acceptable if it happened to him.

I think the actual project and what was done/wasn't done is overshadowed by the nasty name calling and the insistance from the get go that this was a couple day project that should have been started the 2nd they came in the door. I bet there would have been a different outcome had the exchange remained civil.

But as I read again, it seems Mr. Wright explained the chassis issue and did offer a few options to solve the problem. It's a bit techy for me and I might be wrong, but I'm gleaning Mr. Wright required a bit more extra money to do a 'proper' job to upgrade to the new current chassis? Like - It seems there was an option to switch everything into another cabinet but it wasn't accepted. Am I wrong in my interpretation?

There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with a situation. Both parties here could have taken actions to remedy this situation much earlier. But that didn't happen. So now, you have to look at each parties actions.

Wright appeared to try very hard to complete this. Read his emails. He spent a lot of time finding parts and trying to accomodate Mica. It appears that he tried very hard to deliver even though the amps were different than he thought when he made the bid. Wright really wanted to deliver even though he kept hitting roadblocks. He seems to be a stand up guy who wants to stick to his word. I would definately do business with Wright.

Mica, on the other hand, carried on and was not professional at all. Read his earlier posts, he goes off in ni time at all. This is someone who you never want to deal with. The beauty here is that he is also very entertaining.

Chris

MICA certainly hasn't done his case any favors. He is obviously quick to react.

But from the tone of MICA's emails, any fool exchanging emails with him can see that he was having difficulty in understanding what was happening. Mr. Wright should have recognised this. I believe MICA's entitled to jump up and down.

The problem arises because Mica was advised that the deal he thought he would get was a deal he would not be getting after all. We've all been there.

Being advised that he'd have to pay more because of what was told to him to be an unforeseen circumstance, he put on every kind of pressure to revive the original deal rather than exercise one of the two remaining choices - either rescind the transaction and get the amps back as they were, or pay more for the job he originally thought he would get at a lesser price.

Of course, seller did not help because he kept trying to tell Mica what he wanted to hear. Rather than limit the options as they were, he continued exploring other alternatives as possibilities - alternatives that were not good candidates and ones which he wound up regretting.

Mica was receiving disappoining feedback as seller would report back. He therefore ranted in a tirade at the seller. That is not productive.

The seller may have reacted inappropriately, too - only with more diplomatic words. If you look at the actions, I don't recall there being any warnings to Mica that this "free" job to get rid of him would result in what he got back. That is, if he in fact got back a bunch of mismatched stuff that was worse than when it was sent in. Those who condone this sort of "pay-back" are wrong, although it is human to want to do this to people who offend you, and even I am not above human.

Also, seller sent them UPS ground when he knew the buyer wanted them ASAP and would (likely) be willing to pay the few extra bucks to get them back faster. Then, he tells the buyer he did it on purpose to get back at him. Judge Judy would not be pleased.

On the other hand, Mica sure talks up his amps for sale - like they are nice. So, which is it? Are they nice or was there a pay-back? That would answer alot in terms of passing judgment on these folks.

It seems both seller and buyer fell below standard, but one was more verbally abusive.

There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with a situation. Both parties here could have taken actions to remedy this situation much earlier. But that didn't happen. So now, you have to look at each parties actions.

Wright appeared to try very hard to complete this. Read his emails. He spent a lot of time finding parts and trying to accomodate Mica. It appears that he tried very hard to deliver even though the amps were different than he thought when he made the bid. Wright really wanted to deliver even though he kept hitting roadblocks. He seems to be a stand up guy who wants to stick to his word. I would definately do business with Wright.

Mica, on the other hand, carried on and was not professional at all. Read his earlier posts, he goes off in ni time at all. This is someone who you never want to deal with. The beauty here is that he is also very entertaining.

Chris

I'd agree with Chris on his point about seller trying to go the extra mile, but one of the big problems with the approach in the deal we are discussing is that seller was clearly not motivated by his own desire to be generous. Though he "wanted" to be generous, the seller was obviously burdened by it, and that burden resulted in a less than favorable outcome.

He should have stuck by the value of the job. Then, the craziness might not have resulted. It made matters worse that the more he got berated, the more "generous" he seemed to want to appear. It should have been the other way around. If the job would have been for its real value, there would not have been this problem.

That should be a lesson to seller, although it does seem he tries to be a nice, up-standing guy. He just needs to protect himself from these situations that bring down his standards like occurred here.

Better work demands a better price. If you start caving to make people happy, your work will suffer for it.

Jeff, there always is a slippery slope when dealing with custom work. If I were to send my Blueberry back to Mark to get custom work and Cream done on it, it actually would be easier(and cheaper) to buy a new one outright with the Extreme and Cream options preinstalled. Mica's travails seem like they travelled a similar road.

Mica bought a very early set of 3.5s that had multiple anomolies that did not immediately present themselves, and he refused to admit the possibility of such, he refused to grant a new time margin, he refused to pay any more money. Geoge did a disservice to himself by not declining to proceed at that point.

They both lost in the end, although I have zero respect now for Mica, and much more respect in reading George's reponses.

If Mica needed to get the amps silkscreened, he would have done much better by commissioning that work locally.

In a contract for custom work where special circumstances arise, good communication and a willingness to provide adequate consideration for additional work are essential. George seemed to provide proper communication and a willingness to go the extra ten miles, while Mica repeatedly balked at providing reasonable additional consideration.