Oh . . . My . . . . !!!!

If it was a 930 "new in the box" it might reach that high, but the 948 is the "red headed step child" of EMT tables. I'm thinking more like $4000--something in that range. Still, to see a brand new one is pretty amazing.

I would love a 930. Maybe one day . . .

Besides the rarity, What special about it? How does it best other tables like a say ... [:o].......a Thorens TD124 (any series).

I was thinking the same thing Gilbert. I don't see what's so special about it. It looks like it has a bunch of extra curcuitry that a normal home audio system wouldn't need or could even use.

I'm betting it goes for under $3000.00 US. If it was in the States, quite a bit more..... I'm thinking this thing would smoke my GyroDec.

There are usually more Japanese or Koreans into these things so I don't think whether it's in the States will have much to do with it.

I've never heard an EMT but they sure do look overly complex. I think they were designed for broadcast usage, not so much the home or audiophile. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to collect one someday[:)]

Are they all direct drive Allan?

Rick

Only the 948, the LAST of the great EMT broadcast tables was direct drive. The earlier (and FAR more coveted models) were RIM drive tables--some say the PINNACLE of rim-drive tables . . .

Few coments,

EMT manufactured 3 direct drive models: The top of the line 950, a simplified version 948 and a much simpler version 938.

The 950 is an amazing beast the used to retail for around $11K. The 948 and 950 sound very similar.

IMO, They'll walk all over any TD124. Especially with that EMT arm and TSD15 cartridge, that combo is hard to beat. They're among the finest engineered turntable ever made and are a joy to operate and just sound so great.

Allan, I have a source to a NOS 930........

If you wish to learn more about emt tables, check out this website http://www.stefanopasini.it/My%20Turntables-EMT-Thumbs.htm