1978 La Scalas Not FREE(but only $500) to a good home

scott0527

Sorry I can't be as generous as some around here... but if someone can pick these up in Canton, Ohio, the price is only $500.00 At that price, I'm looking for pick up only.

Nearly consecutive serial #'s 17S456 and 459. They started as Birch Raw and the second owner painted them poorly with heavy black paint. I had them stripped and sanded as best we could back to birch and stained them with a nice Black Walnut stain. A nice semi-gloss clear coat on top. They make a very nice appearance but have a few little dings.

Crossovers are standard AA that I rebuilt with some new parts, Kimbers and Solens and one of the fancy coils. They get very little use in the kids basement and are being replaced by some Industrial La Scalas that are coming sooner than I expected so I'm going to need to get these babies out of the way.

post-15692-13819297898968_thumb.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd take them , but I'm 2000 miles away. Oh well. Maybe next time. Why are you changing to industrial La Scalas? I'm not too familiar with them. Good luck selling!

They too nice to be so close the "kids" traffic! Industrials... well, let the kids at them! I also would like to occasionally lug them outside for parties.

I forgot to mention, they sound fantastic. All are welcome to drop by for a listen if your interested.

I'd hate to ship those things. I hope somebody hurries and snatches those beasts up! Pick them up for me and I'll give you $20 or something. STOP TEMPTING ME! We really don't have the room. It's too far away he won't ship. There. I'm ok now.

now THATS a deal!!!

C[Y]

Thank God! I half expected to see you come in here with a 'what a ripoff'- damn man, now you're making me laugh!

Perhaps you are about as crazy as the rest of us.

Now I can sleep soundly tonight.

My work here is done.

M[|-)]