1978 La Scalas Not FREE(but only $500) to a good home

scott0527

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like you should talk.. It is a good fair price.. Would like to hear a AA x over and who knows too.. I am sure I could find a place for em somewhere??? for 500?? It is a good deal.

It is rainy in Indy, nothing to do tomorrow till tomorrow night.. I could drive over tomorrow no problem!! Besides, Mothers day already bought!!

Like you should talk.. It is a good fair price.. Would like to hear a AA x over and who knows too.. I am sure I could find a place for em somewhere??? for 500?? It is a good deal.

It is rainy in Indy, nothing to do tomorrow till tomorrow night.. I could drive over tomorrow no problem!! Besides, Mothers day already bought!!

I've got new BEC AA's in my LSBR's, bring one of your AL2 horn sections over one day and we can A/B them with my AL's as well. We could have three diff setups between us.

Let's let some other guys have a chance at these. I did see them earlier today but thought surely there's some other deserving soul this side of the Mississippi!

M

Well Indy you're only about 4, maybe 5 hours away and you're right the weather SUCKS this weekend. Rigma (Marion) has offered first and offered to pp ahead of time and pick them up later so ball's in his court right now.

I'll check back with you all in the morning.

Good sale there fellas. That's the way to do it.

Rigma, have you ever visited BSbutton or Woodog? They're pretty close to you. If you end up swinging by Indy on your way to pickup in Ohio, give a shout! I work out of my house so could visit about any time.

Michael

Good sale there fellas. That's the way to do it.

Rigma, have you ever visited BSbutton or Woodog? They're pretty close to you. If you end up swinging by Indy on your way to pickup in Ohio, give a shout! I work out of my house so could visit about any time.

Michael

BS Button has been to my place but I have never been to his or Woodog"s. Thanks for the invite Michael but it looks like I will be going a good bit east of Indy, unless you want to pick them up for me..LOL.. Then I can come visit.

Rigma

I would have bought them but I wasn't fast enough on the trigger. I'd buy Todd's, but I can't go that high right now.

I don't know Craig, but I think my Klipschorns can hang with a set of stock LaScalas.

Incredible deal some Ohio Khorn owners I know should of snatched this up so they could hear what a really good speaker sounds like [;)]

Sorry Dean, it would have been an easy trip for you too.

Craig, in my Living room with good corners, my Khorns rock. They make it sound live like nothing else. But down in the lime green basement, which is kind of long and skinny and no real good corners, these LaScalas do have an incredible punch that's hard to walk away from.

By the way, I don't want to diminish the value of LaScalas for others. BS's are sweet and worth every penny he's asking. Chalk this up as a rare 2 for 1 sale since, at the moment, I'm more in need of space than money?

I am very happy someone grabbed these.. I would of driven over in a heartbeat.

I think we need to sometimes remember just how valuable of a network this klipsch bb is.. 600- 800 for a very nice pair.. is a very good deal. Above that, sometimes they need to be just that right finish, or what exactly the owner wants application wise. Some of you re finish these like museum peices, it blows me away. Those are worth 1k+.

When you consider what the new ones cost new, every one of these is a bargain! Then again, if you have the means to do new.. The newer ones are just a little better, finished fantastically, and all kidding aside... nothing like having the latest, greatest, La Scala Speakers too.

(Just as a reminder I drove to Cleveland, Ohio and back and also to Ft Lauderdale Florida and back to find 8 split La Scalas all with the same networks.) It does matter, trust me, Timbre wise. All of this from Indianapolis, Indiana.

I would love to hear the new owners feelings too.

For what it is worth. When I first got on the klipsch BB, there was a birch raw pair opened for a year then in storage in this persons house since like 2 hrs away from me. They were a perfect birch raw pair, the wood on them was perfect !! I happend to really want a non stained pair at the time and found out these were offered for 500. They were later sold on ebay for 1200 like a month later. Same pair. It was, for the new buyer, just a business deal, and not for the love of the La Scala Speakers.. Colterphoto1 and myself have bought, sold, traded, and helped people find good finds on here all of the time. That's what I hope this board is also about?