Huge CD Sale, Part Two

cmdridq

GUYS- I just heard from Tom, he phoned me personally.

The family member who was supposed to ship them did not do so in all cases. That is why some have received and others haven't.

He is dealing with an estate situation that is an absolute nightmare in terms of valuation of antiques, many family members infighting, etc. Sounds horrible.

He agreed to ship mine today or Wednesday via Priority Post. Others will go out the same method unless they are very large orders. He promised that all orders will go out the door by Friday. Thinks there were total of 10 or so orders, I think we have about 4 that have received so far.

I told him I would keep the PayPal Confict Resolution in place until I saw my CD's, as I needed to keep the clock running on that protection. Suggest you all do likewise. It was the PayPal email that did get his attention.

Just wanted everyone to know. I think maybe he's embarassed to show around here, there have been some nasty PM's and emails sent and maybe we should all just cool down a bit. (I've been as guilty as the next guy of picking up speed on this situation).

Peace,

Hope to be doing some new CD listening next week.

Michael

Tom,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Was very anxious to ensure I got mine and he did have some "personnel" reliability issues and he shipped mine priority. I agree with Michael give him a shot on this to make everything right!

The strangest thing -- I just went to get my mail and I found about 100 CD's I didn't order.:)

You guys need to relax! I had a poor guy wait almost a month while I got my act together trying to figure out a way to get the single Heresy to him he bought from me. Logistics problems just seem to have a way of spiraling out of control. I had two weeks click by and thought it was only a week. I hate to make exuses for him, but I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of this kind of thing -- you're doing your best -- but life isn't cooperating.

Media Mail is notoriously slow.

Thank God I have thousands of CDs and can just wait, the only thing is I just never do trust our good ole' postal service. They tend to have a way to screw up a wet dream sometimes and lose something, I got mine today though here in AZ. so everyone should be getting theirs soon also. Thanks...Tom FRED[:D]

• Like 1

Well, this has been an interesting learning experience. This is the first time I have been to the forum since my last post, wherein I mentioned being out of town a lot and that if you needed to contact me, to use EMAIL, and I would respond asap. In my first post in this thread I mentioned NOT to send me PM's or use this thread for communication, but to use EMAIL. So, of course, everybody that wants to contact me chooses to send PM's and leave posts in this thread. Very good. For those who actually can follow instructions and did communicate with EMAIL, I believe I have responded to virtually every email within an hour or two. Isn't human nature interesting?

I am sorry that there has been delays, I really am. When I posted on 6/17 that the current orders had been shipped I was basing it on a promise made to me by someone else, and they dropped the ball. I'm not trying to make excuses by blaming someone else, it was MY fault for assuming I could count on them. I have only been home about 3 or 4 days in the past couple of weeks due to getting bogged down unexpectedly with my GM's estate situation. I'm sorry, but that took precedence over shipping out these CDs. If you had checked my feedback on eBay, you would have seen that it is 100% positive, and perhaps assumed that this sort of thing is not my normal modus operandi.

I have managed to ship about half of the orders so far, as you can see by the posts of other forum members, and the balance will go out in tomorrow's mail. I have tried to compensate for the delay by including free CD's and upgrading the shipping wherever practical. That's the best I can do. I thank those who have been understanding.

Tom

P.S. If you want to contact me, think: EMAIL

cmdridq@ameritech.net

This email was returned to me- 'user not found'

I have no idea what to think any more....

Take this for what it is worth. I was dealing with a 20 year old kid who was going to build a computer for me. He started having several crisis going on and then excuse after excuse. It got really bizzar,always somehting else (5 separate deaths in the family - etc). Luckily, I had all of the parts at my house and was able to assemble the computer.

Fast forward 4 months. I get a call from a guy asking if I am an attorney. He then tells me that this kid had ripped him off and was throwing my name around as his attorney. BS seems to follow some people around.

I have not read this thread but if nobody has received their CD's in a month and no refunds have been issued, somehting is wrong.

Before the seller gets angry at me, issue everyone a refund. You can send all of the money to one long time member to hold as an escrow. Then as the CD's arrive he can disburse payments via regular mail or paypal to you (just absorb the 3%). This is very reasonable and will show everyone that you have used good faith here (and will restore your reputation).

I have sold a lot of stuff here. This is a very honorable group and I would rather deal here than eBay. You will get paid.

If someone wants to email this suggestion to the seller, feel free. You guys just need to pick a designated "escrow" member and agree that if you don't receive the CD's by the end of July, all of the money will be disbursed to the members.

Some free "mediation" advice to all.

Chris

no cd's today.

no response to emails and PM's sent on the 3rd of july either.

last email recieved was on the 15th of june, indicating everything was shipped.

He started having several crisis going on and then excuse after excuse.

Yes, you'll find this with deadbeats, too, ripping off people for rent. It's always everyone else's fault, the boss, the wife, the kids, the insurance company, et cetera, never the jerk himself who caused all the trouble.

In the present case we have the simple variation of the old standby, "the check is in the mail." Here it is "the CD is in the mail." It'll probably all end up okay but after a lot of needless delay and excuses. It's not like $5 a CD is any great bargain--that's a typical price at a used CD store.

report from NYC

santa was not seen yet on radar...cookies and milk going bad.

letters to santa have not been answered.

report from NYC santa was not seen yet on radar...cookies and milk going bad. letters to santa have not been answered.

Start filing complaints with PayPal. I think PayPal will pay if you do nto receive anything. If you used a credit card, call them too.

If anyone is really pissed, utilizinhg the US mail constitutes "interstate commerce" (even within state lines) and amounts to a federal offense. You know where this guy lives, get organized, with all of the info together and call the local federal DA's office in his hometown.

I'd give it two or three more business days. He posted July 4 that he'd mail them out on July 5. That means nobody should have expected them on July 5. July 6 would only be possible for people living within a very short distance. Tomorrow, July 7, is a good bet for a lot of people, though, and Saturday July 8 even better. Once you get into the middle of next week, though, I'd start with the complaints.

This is taking him at his word that they were going to be mailed July 5. Who knows, though, maybe his car broke down, he ran out of cash and the ATM was broken, or he ran out of mailing labels.