Oak Khorns in Rockford, IL

EVGuy

A friend of mine has a vintage electronics store and repair shop in Rockford, Illinois and he has a pair of 85 Klipschorns that he's selling on consignment from one of his customers. They are KBOO and they're in great condition. I've seen them myself and can tell you they are in great shape. The customer wants top dollar for them and is firm on the price, but if you can pick them up, with no shipping cost they would be worth it. PM me if interested and I'll let you know his web site address so you can contact him.

A friend of mine has a vintage electronics store and repair shop in Rockford, Illinois and he has a pair of 85 Klipschorns that he's selling on consignment from one of his customers. They are KBOO and they're in great condition. I've seen them myself and can tell you they are in great shape. The customer wants top dollar for them and is firm on the price, but if you can pick them up, with no shipping cost they would be worth it. PM me if interested and I'll let you know his web site address so you can contact him.

OK, Meagain.... where are you? Oak and Rockford IL.

I really don't have the corners, I really don't have the corners, I really don't have........

Bruce,

You saw that I didn't have the corners either for mine but when opportunity knocks....

My next house witll be bought with my Khorns in mind above all else!

These have the brown grills too, not black. AK2 crossovers though. The speaker owner wanted way too much for them and I told Mark, the store owner that. Mark wants them out of his store because of the space they're taking up. I told him I'd pass the word around. He has a great shop with nice toys for sale too, and a great web site.

http://www.soundsclassic.com/

I'm only kidding. The LaScalas rock. My music major son, home from college for the summer now, sat down with some symphony CD playing. He didn't even close his eyes, but after a few minutes just said, "There's an orchestra in front of me."

Yup, we're lovin' 'em.

If I do corner horns, I'll probably go ahead and build a set of D-Man's that he designed.

Bruce

I'm only kidding. The LaScalas rock. My music major son, home from college for the summer now, sat down with some symphony CD playing. He didn't even close his eyes, but after a few minutes just said, "There's an orchestra in front of me."

Yup, we're lovin' 'em.

If I do corner horns, I'll probably go ahead and build a set of D-Man's that he designed.

Bruce

Bruce,

What did you ever do with the crossovers in your LaScalas if anything yet? Build a pair yourself or still listening with the AK2's?

Bernie

Are these K-horns located at Video Lab? If so then I have seen them. At the time no one seemed too anxious to sell them. I was not a serious buyer, but still no one wanted to chit-chat about them. I've been meaning to stop back in there sometime. I have an old JVC receiver I need him to look at.

Jeremy

Bernie,

I am building a set of crossovers to replace the ALs (not AK2s). John Albright graciously loaned me a set of ALKs that he owns, while I get mine built. I got the autoformers, and a newer schematic of the DHA2 (John's design), but haven't gotten the other parts yet.

Dean was going to send me parts, after he talked with John (DEAN-- YOU OUT THERE), because he orders more in bulk from Solen (Litz inductors), so shipping would be a little bit lower. At this point I'm still waiting on Dean. If I had ogne ahead and ordered the parts, I probably would have had them done by now. I want to finish them so I can give John's back.

Bruce

Are these K-horns located at Video Lab? If so then I have seen them. At the time no one seemed to anxious to sell them. I was not a serious buyer, but still no one wanted to chit-chat about them. I've been meaning to stop back in there sometime. I have an old JVC receiver I need him to look at.

Jeremy

Yes, they are at Video Lab. I think Mark wasn't anxious to chit chat about them because he knew the guy who owns them was asking way too much. They've been there a while.

He was originally asking $4500, but would let them go for $4000 which is still too much. Mark watches eBay and sells on ebay under the name mars19 so he's aware of what they've been selling for recently. The owner has agreed to sell them for $3500 but that's firm, supposedly.

Bernie

Dark Oak...I thought Klipsch only made two kinds of Oak...honey colored and painted black for the K'Horns...meagain...if you are interested, there is a pair of unstained birch raw LaScala's on eBay in Chicago...good luck, fair price.

Bill

No. There's the brown oak that's commonly seen everywhere (like the Rockford pair), and there's the clear oak. I think they come laquered? I've only seen the clear/golden khorns on 3 occasions. Scott here has one. One appeared on Ebay in January or so, the 3rd just closed on Ebay. That's what I'm looking for. Either that or beat up Birch ply that I'd paint.

Silver - Are you saying you've seen the goldens alot? Maybe I'm missing something, but I rarely see them.