An Update from Hope...

Last year we heard the Jubilees with active xovers and delay. I thought Roy was sold on the idea of time aligining the drivers by use of delay. So him changing to passive xovers seems a bit of radical departure. You might ask about that if he does indeed have them wired through passives. Please take careful notes on how they sound with the larger vs smaller horns (I think they use the same Klipsch manufactured massive driver).

Also if you can, Khorns vs Jubilees, and LSII vs CWIII.

And any CW vs CW would be cool. All I have is I's.

Michael

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, sounds like the party has started and I am still loading the truck.

Bob Crites

Yeah, tell me about it! Unfortunatly, I could not really take off work (to much stuff to do). I barely managed to free up tommorrow - but now to get up at friggan 3 am to catch an early morning flight so I can be at the plant tour on-time (hoping the flight(s) do not get delayed). I finally got everything that I am capable of bringing packed. The only real "gear" that I'll be able to bring is my laptop and an iPod. Kinda tough to get a pair of RF-7s and a B&K amp in my carry-on luggage [8-|]

• Moderators

I wish everyone could have made this trip. The forum members we have met so far are genuinely nice people and very funny.

We had dinner with Dr. Who, Coytee, DoubleJ, IndyKlipschFan, Mike(the one with the numbers and letters behind his name), and some gentleman that I was not introduced to. Super bunch of people.

Colter I wish you could have made the trip, but I am so happy you are keeping your commitment to the "happy couple". Don't sweat too much.

DrWho,

You are probably getting saturated; however, if you get a chance to look at the various versions of the Jubilees, I have (as others do also) a couple of questions. Because of some conflicting past observations etc try to notice whether

1) the driver arrangement on the bass bin of the Jubilee ( a pair of 12", a drone etc)

2) the horn for the mid/high (and what it might be crossed at).

3) your assessment of how it sounds.

I am seriously thinking of a "project"

Good luck & enjoy,

-Tom

Well I just heard from JW Cullison and IB Slammin, live from......I think a hotel room with Heresy's. Nobody let them drive anywhere tonight...K? Sheesh, I'm tempted to take the day off tomorrow and leave at midnight.

BS

Yes we are ready. jc and I are loadin up our our response mechanisms tonight. By noon tomorrow, our ears will be tuned up for critical listening.

Our vehicles are loaded and so are we. I hope everyone else brought their stuff. It will be a great day tomorrow for comparison of different products new to us.

Too bad that lazy A$$ BS Button didn't come.

jc

I just got off the phone with Todd BSButton. He has no excuse for not getting his butt down there. I told him to call Forrest WooDog and tell him he'd pick him up in 30 minutes. It'd be a shame for a couple of real Klipsch fans who have no excuse to miss this event to not attend.

I told Todd I'd expect a status report in the morning when they arrive. Y'all welcome them and find em some accomodations, k?

Michael

btw, I don't know if Roy would remember me from last year (we sat together at lunch on Saturday), Someone please t4ell him that I finally obtained a pair of Khorns....

I just looked at them again today- damn they sure are pretty!

Can't wait for Indy to get back and help me with the seals, feeties, and positioning.

I'm thinking maybe this would be the opportune time for a little TUBE setup... yup you heard me right..

Have fun guys.

Michael

Well I just heard from JW Cullison and IB Slammin, live from......I think a hotel room with Heresy's. Nobody let them drive anywhere tonight...K? Sheesh, I'm tempted to take the day off tomorrow and leave at midnight.

BS

Yes we are ready. jc and I are loadin up our our response mechanisms tonight. By noon tomorrow, our ears will be tuned up for critical listening.

Our vehicles are loaded and so are we. I hope everyone else brought their stuff. It will be a great day tomorrow for comparison of different products new to us.

Too bad that lazy A$$ BS Button didn't come.

jc

Are you two guys watching the YANKEE's?

The Jubilee

We'll have to see what happens...Roy is very much still a fan of the active crossover with time delay ("It's all about the bubble"). The passive crossover is coming about as a promise Roy made to one of the guys (forum guys). When I talked to him yesterday he said something along the lines of having no problems with selling off the parts needed to build our own Jubilees - I will try to get more details tomorrow, but it seems he is extremely fond of their design - It's essentially PWK's response to fixing the khorn...[:o]

If you wanna do your own tweeter for the Jubilee you can just get the B&C DE-75 compression driver and purchase a small pair of horns for $100 direct from Klipsch.

Preston,

The Jubilee is definetly a dual active 12" driver. The crossover point could probably be figured out from the crossover he makes and I'm sure it sounds good - though I'm not usually a fan of hornloaded bass so don't take any dissapointment too seriously. But if I like it....then holy crap I'll totally beat you to any project [;)]

-

Are IB Slammin and JW in town already? We'll have to go hunt them down...how dare they keep all the music to themselves!

And you better fricken come down here BS Button...or Imma have to reroute my trip up through Kentucky and drag you to Indy for a beating from Colter. No BSButton for you if you don't come down...just drive over to Woo's place and drag him out with ya [;)]

Today was a much more laid back day...brought the PA over the Farmhouse and got the highspeed internet hooked up - which means there will be a video webstream of the concert on Saturday for all you guys that couldn't make it. I'm sure more details will be available as things get set up.

The PA mix is going to be fricken insane...every knob on that Mackie board for every channel will be used. FOH will be LCR, two monitor mixes, 16 channel digital recording, live web feed mix, and about 3 effects mixes. And that doesn't even include the lighting and videotaping going on or the other crazy crap going on that nite.

Later this afternoon we all had nothing to do while Trey was off doing meetings and stuff so we chilled in the listening room at the plant and watched Mark Kauffman and Steve Philips 'try' to acoustically treat the room - still pingy as all heck, but whatever. After a whole afternoon of setting up there is now a bunch of fancy equipment and a speaker selector for demo'ing 2005 KHorns, Lascala II's, Cornwall III's and Heresy III's. I won't comment on the listening session other than to say it sounded just like everything last year in Indy...

Eventually we got heading home and met up with the other folk that arrived early - Dtel, Dtel's Wife, Indyklipschfan, Mikebae2se, Coytee, LarryC, DoubleD and myself. It's so weird as it was 5 minutes until 8pm and the BBQ restraunt was closing! But since there were so many of us they kept the store open an extra half an hour or so and provided some great service. What a funny awesome little town - it's culture shock in my own country!

So ya, those showing up to help with the tent be at the Sizzling West or something restruant out front by 6:30am! If you're not there and in town be afraid...very afraid (yes i know, I'm sooo threatening...)