Anyone live in carolina ? Tonights cup night

Dale W

Live about 8 miles away from the Canes stadium. Alas while i don't have tickets I will definately be cheering them on from a loaded bar about 500 yards away.

I have to say though that while I would be hurt if they lost, Edmonton has made one amazing comeback from what i picked to be a shutout game 5.

Until then...

-Eric

"The oldest trophy in sports Lord Stanley's Cup..................."

And the most beautiful trophy in sports as well. The only hard part about watching NHL hockey is the fact that the lowly Blackhawks barely even make a noise anymore.....can't some cool ultracompetitive owner (like Mark Cuban) buy that club?????

And things are really weird when we talk of Carolina winning that cup. Carolina??? Nahhhh, I'll call 'em "Hartford" too[:)]

Ya ... the series could have went either way , it's really a shame that rolly got hurt in the first game , he got the oilers to the final round with some termendous goaltending . For the caines fans who don't buy into the importance of the goalie in the playoffs then imagine what this series would have looked like if it were cam ward who got hurt in the first game instead if rolly .

No team goes deep into the playoffs without a goaltender who's jacked ... Fricken jussi has been useless all year and not played since march and gets throwen into the cup finals . I'm a season ticket holder so i've watched him play all year , we aquired rolly at the trade deadline for a reason ... lol

No excuses ... Thats just hockey , sometimes you have to be a little lucky and get the right bounces other times you can do everything right but nothing goes your way . Neither team will look the same next year , glad to see some of the oldtimers get ther ring before they're put out to pasture .

With us being on this road trip (to Hope and other spots) we didn't get to see any of the finals beyond game 3. I tuned into game 7 just as the cup was passed to Carolina. I was rooting for the Oilers ever since they took out the Wings. I hate to say Rolly's loss was their "Achillie's heel" because I read the Oilers were still really battleing it out in the final 4 games. But, I think Rolly's loss was something they could not come back from. What a shame!

Welp! That's it for another season. The best team won and there's always next season.

"COME ON OCTOBER!" [;)]

I had to work and miss game 7! Major bummer but bills must be paid. As for the oldest trophy, I thought the America's Cup was older, someone set me straight on this since I have no time to do the research right now. (Yes, competitive sailing is a sport).

Hey picky .... Any word on what steve is doing next season ????

I know he has to retire some day , but i think he still has the talent to keep playing if he can stay healthy . You likly hear more in detroit then we do up here , any word ?

I live in Fort Saskatchewan , so this is home for Ray Whitney and Mike commador so i'll be getting my picture with my 7 year old boy and the cup real soon . If you read my prior posts on hockey topics you'll remember Ray use to live next door to me .

Being a small community of less then 14000 means everyone pretty well knows everyone else .... I think joffery lupal ( also a fort boy ) and richard mathmichuck are planning on coming home to welcome back ray and mike .

Do you remember a guy named al peterson ? he was ray bourques defence partner the year they lost the cup in the final before ray was trade to the avalanche . Another fort kid that i went to school with .

For a small town we have a ton of kids go to the show ... this is really a hardcore junior staging area , cam ward is from sherwood park which is olny a 10 minute drive south of fort saskatchewan as well .

Some of these guys i've coached and played with ........

Dale: As of last Sunday's 'Detroit Free Press' newspaper: The latest word on Stevie Y is still: "UNDECIDED". I really hope he decides on another year, but it's totally his call. He knows his body's condition better than anyone and I will respect whatever he should decide to do. Heck, look at Chelios: You'd think with all of the fights and scrums that uy's been in that he'd be all battered-up. But at 44 he can still kick the arse of nearly anyone half his age. Amazing.

FYI: Speaking of your relationship with Ray Whitney, my daughter's boyfriend (when he was a teenager) used to cut Darrian Hatcher's grass. Their homes are about a mile apart. They see each other all of the time in Marine City, Michigan where Hatcher lives. Eddie Belfour just built a summer home up the road a mile or two in the other direction in the town of St. Clair. There's something to be said of small towns.

-Glenn