Here's the scoop...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dee,

To seriously (for a moment) answer your question, I believe about 60 folks work at the factory.

The more I think about it, a t-shirt (as at least part of a gift) would be pretty cool, if done right. I'm thinking like a big "I am loved" across the top, with names of the forum members below (printed signatures would be cool), with "WE THANK YOU!!" across the bottom. This could all be on the back, with a Klipsch Annual Pilgrimage, Hope, 2006 logo on the front. Or something like that. What do y'all think?

I'm not sure how this might blend in with the other ideas floating around but... Perhaps we could send them a collective treat? I think I've mentioned my favorite Ice Cream place here before (Tom, where are you to back me up?)

This stuff is GOOD and they will ship in dry ice

http://graeters.com/

Graeters will ship 12 pints MAX in a carton. If you bought 60 pints, that's 5 boxes.

5 boxes packed in dry ice shipped is $110 (each) or $550

If you wanted to be generous and get two pints /person then it's $1,100

Now, here's where it gets interesting and we could see how creative we are...

5 boxes PICKED UP AT THE FACTORY IN CINCINNATI OHIO = $270

10 boxes pickued up at the factory = $540 As you can see, it's the shipping that kills you.

Would we have any creative way to get 10 boxes from Cincinnati to Hope within about a 48 hour period or less so it would arrive frozen?

There is another small issue that crosses my mind... if said ice cream arrives in Hope, it would be ROCK hard from the dry ice. They'd either have to eat it all on the spot or keep it in box and race it home before it melts. I'd doubt the factory would have freezer capabilities that would acommodate that many pints of 'goodies'.

None the less... you all should check out the above. If you want to get yourself a VERY nice treat or send one to someone else, it's always a winner.

[:)]

• Moderators

I like the t-shirt idea because it something the folks would have to remember us by. Everytime they wore it they would remember that we gave it to them.

However, I also like Coytee's "relay" idea. That would be a super cool story for those folks and ice cream at the end of a hard work day would be a real treat.

Why don't one of you start a new thread and see if we can't gather some ideas these creative guys/gals on the forum.

• Moderators

That sound's like a good idea. The best of both.

We need to see who is willing to contribute.

Do we have any sceen printers, graphic artists that are members of the forum? I can check around and get some prices from this area.

Do we collect actual signatures from members or do we just put names?

We need more input from everyone.

I am thinking just print the names of the attending forum members. Not sure how we would work out the logistic of an actual signing by forum members. Also I have a letter drafted to Mr. Fred Klipsch expressing appreciation for what Klipsch has done for us. I'll pdf it and attach it later. I just think he should receive some input from us on how much we appreciate what Klipsch has done and a little outside observation on what fabulous folks he has working for him! Any way are we taking contributions for this T shirt thing lemme know cuz I am in for sure.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This is the text of the text of the letter I have drafted please feel free to add to it and maybe we make it a combined effort.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Dear Mr. Klipsch,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to you and your organization for the wonderful way you and you employees extend the feeling of family to you fans and customers. I have attended the past two Forum Pilgrimages in Hope and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Indianapolis and I am simply in awe of the quality people you have employed by your company. To me Klipsch has always represented the absolute best in terms of quality and sound reproduction in your respective markets. This was especially true when Paul Klipsch owned the company and has been expanded even more so under your ownership and direction. The first time I heard a Klipsch speaker I was in late 70s while I was in my late teens and I had the pleasure of auditioning a Klipsch Heresy and I was simply astounded at the sound produced by this small speaker system. Later when I joined the US Navy I had the pleasure to audition the Klipsch La Scala and I was so impressed at what I heard I bought the set that very day. The quality Klipsch represents is legendary and has continued to grow into your current offerings. I believe the reason for this is you simply employ the very best people available. This past weekend in Hope my fellow pilgrims and I were treated what I can only describe as an immense family reunion with the caveat that we really did not know or ever have met most the actual family members. Mr. Trey Cannon went so far the extra mile to make sure we were treated with the utmost respect and care, and ensure our weekend pilgrimage was a most memorable one. We were a group, for the most part, of forty plus year olds whove never gotten past the nostalgic feeling of that first fantastic musical sound we heard in our younger years. For the most part we have obsessed to ensure we always have that sound with us. Klipsch has provided us the ultimate vehicle to express and indulge that passion. Mr. Cannon and his associates arranged an absolutely splendid weekend that allowed us to rekindle old friendships initiate new ones and meet some of the finest people in the audio world.Your employees!!! The time spent with Mr. Jim Hunter, Mark Kaufman, Roy Delgado, Steve Phillips and so many more people whom I am remiss not to mention, was simply awe inspiring as we were treated us to a first class gathering and insight into the history, performance and production of your fabulous Klipsch products. Again I cannot thank you and your people enough for allowing us the opportunity to gather and celebrate Klipsch 60th year anniversary and feel that somehow we truly belong to an all inclusive, exclusive extended family.

Nice letter.

T shirts would be cool. something they could have for a long time. If we all pitched in, or essentially committed to 1-2 shirts apiece, we could cover the cost pretty simply. Count me in on helping out with that.

Maybe someone could design a shirt with a cool picture or logo on it. Put a list of our names on the back. Find out how many people work there. Print up that many shirts. Should usually cost not too much more than 10-20 bucks per shirt for a run of them somewhere. We would need someone to coordinate that. We could then mail that person a check to cover the cost. The shirts could then be bulk land mailed to the factory and handed out.

If that is too much work, another idea might be to find out if there is a local restaraunt that the locals like to eat at there. We could then each pitch in some mula and buy them a gift certificate so they and their family could go eat their sometimes.

Paul

An idea for T-shirt "logo"

When we were in Hope, someone's son had a shirt on. On the back of his shirt it said "We want your body" or something like that. I think it was for a gym or something.

Then it hit me...

"KLIPSCH

We want your corners"

I was mulling that over with what a visual might be. I admit to being a bit twisted about it as i thought of several visuals.

1. Perhaps a Khorn (Jubilee?) sitting in a corner?

2. I liked the Tshirt I saw with PWK standing in a corner

3. (and this is where I started to think a bit more wild and perhaps it can't be (tastefully) done) Have a shirt made/cut where it shows off a womans clevage. The clevage being the "corners" and perhaps a Khorn in between. Perhaps an image such as this, is Heresy... [:$]

That shirt was on my son. It was from a auto body repair and towing company. He also has one that has, "we want your tow".

BTW, I love the t-shirt idea.

front of shirt

Klipsch Owners

(Big Heart Pic)

Klipsch Workers/Employees/Builders/Creators?

back of shirt

(Big Lips/Smooch Pic)

List of attendees

(Hope Pilgramige 2006)