My Sony ES receiver caught on FIRE!!!!

DEAM

quote:

Originally posted by cybergeek:

hilly as pres? don't get no scarier. that Would be enough to bring back the beegees "Stayin Alive".

Funny her 1st initiative was to eliminate the electoral

college. she knows that with a popular vote she could win New York, lose every other state in the US, and still get elected president. then guess where all the tax dollars would flow - NY.

don't even get involved here Disco. this involves math
Smile.gif
Anyway it's time to forget HillyBilly because the days of fun and games are over. We really have to be serious in choosing a pres now!
Smile.gif

I thought when you get elected, it was to represent the people, not areas where you only find cactus and tumbleweed. By the way the people were serious when most of them voted for Gore.

quote:

Originally posted by discorules:

By the way the people were serious when most of them voted for Gore.

Yes, seriously wrong Smile.gif Disco I'm just giving you a hard time. these are endless debates. otherwise we wouldn't still have shows like Crossfire and all the others. i realize we have to come to a happy middle ground with government or we'll have a revolution of the proletariat on our hands Smile.gif I'd just suggest we agree to disagree and not mention politics or political

figures on this forum.

as for the lag factors or effects that goes deep into monetary and fiscal policy and economics like money velocity and momentum. it's really all about human behavior with money.

Clinton could have gone for a tax cut last year and we might have avoided a recession this year. Just an example but the point is policy changes in such a large dynamic economy take time to work through it. When you

get your money from a tax cut do you spend it right away, pay off debt right away, save or invest it for 3 years then spend it, pay a debt in 3 years? If you spend it right away does the person you pay spend it right away, save it for 3 years, and so on and so on?

STL is right that the stock market is a great leading economic indicator. And it peaked in March/2000. And that the concurrent economic indicators showed a slowdown in the Fall/2000. I thought this was common knowledge. But the spins and opinions could go forever. Instead of wasting time philosophising about it, we just need to work hard, save/invest, pay off persinal debt and spend as we see fit.

Oh, and vote. Smile.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

quote:

I thought when you get elected, it was to represent the people, not areas where you only find cactus and tumbleweed. By the way the people were serious when most of them voted for Gore.

Do you want representation for ALL -- or for just the large cities? I guess that depends on what it takes to elect a liberal...that's all that seems to matter to you.

I have a question for the great mass of intellectuals that have gathered here.

Speaking of <LAG TIME> What is the amount of lag time regarding economic policy when one presidential term ends and the next begins? Is it days,months,or years?

How long does the prior administration's policy last into the new Presidential term? IOW,if we are now blaming Clinton for our current economic mess,which is certain to get much worse,then we would have to believe

that the previous eight years of growth could be accounted for by the <LAG TIME> from George Sr's administration.

Regarding the stock market peak of March 2000.Anyone that has ever climbed a tree should know that before you reach the top you have to climb in an upward direction.The Stock Market/Economy has been climbing that tree,setting records all the while,for the last eight years.George Jr. blew it(pardon the pun).We all know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Colin Powell.Together this fella and Sr. are likely responsible for the WTC disaster of 9-11.Swartzkoff(sic)was ready to go to Bagdad,remember? Why didn't he go? POLITICS!

If anyone truly does not understand why Clinton lied about the BJ then that person is either an idiot or is in fact himself lying.I personally prefer the orifice that Clinton chose in lieu of the one the Bush's prefer(my a$$).

Better get the industrial size jar of KY jell.It's gonna be a long four years(plus <LAG TIME>!

Keith

quote:

Very well. Keep 'em coming.

I think you misunderstood me. I was trying to say that I agree with your cease fire, and that I will just agree that we disagree about politics. Now we should get back to audio-speak...

Boy, it's too bad this board wasn't around in 1968. I would have LOVED to see what you guys would have done with a true criminal in the white house, who lied, cheated, stole, persecuted, subverted the criminal justice system all the way to the director of the FBI and the Attourney General, continued the most unpopular war in our Country's history until he was forced to shut it down and then got pardoned by the guy he hand picked to succede him.

Kind of makes the Bush Sr. / Clinton / Bush Jr. arguments seem a bit, well, diminimous.

Ray, the old guy chiming in again.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

So Willie made up for Nixon so now we're all even. guess we touched a nerve with the southern dem keith. they're the scariest of all. Smile.gif keith you should have stood by your previous words and stuck with audio advice and selling out of your trailer. we had moved on. you obviously know a lot more about audio than gov

Biggrin.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

Garrison now there's another great example of a repub having to come in and fix the screw ups of the preceding democrat(s) including getting us into Vietnam

in the first place. I know that because Kennedy sent me to Laos in '61. Don't bother looking in the history books. It not there.

Right before the election Slick won with his Carville marketing blitz GDP turned up. This is a fact.

Clinton rode the recovery for 8 years that was mainly due to the taxpayer revolt in 94 that led to a republican congress. Clinton then went more moderate out of necessity and didn't do anything further to hurt

the economy but he didnt help it either. Basically all he could do is sit back enjoy the ride and have sex with Barbara S in the lincoln bedroom and everybody else except hillary.

TTK why don't you name 1 fact that Bush Jr has done to cause this recession? Anybody with brains knows that it started last year. I'm talking about growth at a decreasing rate. It's all there if you look. Clinton

didn't do anything to keep a good thing going. He and Rubin should have cut taxes to everybody to offset the fed raising interest rates.

If you really want to get it up your a$$ give Hillary a call. Slick is gone and ozone man gore is history. She'll gladly put on a strap-on for you Smile.gif

Now bush jr has to fight all the whiney dems like you who are deliberately trying to hurt the economy, the war against terrorism, and the stability of our great country for the sake of class warfare and politics.

------------------

go forth & hump the world

This message has been edited by forresthump on 11-30-2001 at 03:36 PM

quote:

Originally posted by talktoKeith:

If anyone truly does not understand why Clinton lied about the BJ then that person is either an idiot or is in fact himself lying.I personally prefer the orifice that Clinton chose in lieu of the one the Bush's prefer(my a$$).

Better get the industrial size jar of KY jell.It's gonna be a long four years(plus <LAG TIME>!

Keith

I hear ya keith. I wondered about this lag time too. Would this mean that the glorious reagan economy was really the resposibility of Jimmy Carter. As for Clinton's BJ, in all honesty we know that this was all about getting President Clinton anyway they could. They tried the Vince Foster thing, Travelgate, etc. Even Starr was going to give up the witch hunt but the Clinton haters told him to stay. The american people were smart enough to see this was a witch hunt that's why his poll numbers remained relatively high.

quote:

Originally posted by STL:

Very well. Keep 'em coming.

I think you misunderstood me. I was trying to say that I agree with your cease fire, and that I will just agree that we disagree about politics. Now we should get back to audio-speak...

You're right. I did misunderstand you and I realized it after I hit the submit reply button.

quote:

I hear ya keith. I wondered about this lag time too. Would this mean that the glorious reagan economy was really the resposibility of Jimmy Carter. high.

the negative consequences of bad policy START while the offender is in office but get WORSE as the solution takes office and on into that, 1 or 2 years max. that is called momentum. the 1st couple years of Reagan were the worst the economy got. nearly 12% unemployment in '83. then after the carter lag things got much better.

then we had a normal recession under bush sr (the fed has a lot to do with things too). but it was already pulling out just as clinton took office. 3rd qtr GNP rose and was reported just before the election in '92.

it's common knowledge the market started dropping in April 2000 and business spending began falling off a cliff in the Fall of 2000. it's now worse due to momentum, a snowball going downhill like effect.

it's plain & simple bush jr inherited this recession from clinton.

you guys can provide all the spin and hot air you like. i'm just providing historical documented facts. just give the guy at least til 2003 and then you might have some real facts to state. until then you're wasting time in any intelligent political discussion. like forrest pointed out, if you're still bitter over bush jr winning the election maybe therapy is your best option Smile.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

This message has been edited by cybergeek on 11-30-2001 at 04:21 PM

It's not spin. I'm just amazed how you guys can dance and rationalize anything to your advantage. When things were looking rosier in January, conservatives told me it was because we had republicans in congress. Now with a recession, they want to call it the Clinton recession.

My recollection of recent events are that Greenspan and the fed decided to have the economy slow down, being fearful of inflation. So yes, the economy did begin to slow at the latter quarter of 2000. Difference is it was intentional because there was a fear of inflation. According to the people who call these things, the recession started during Jr's term. I guess what I'm getting at is that while there may have been a recession if Gore were our President, he may have been more procactive in preventing one or minimizing it at least to the extent Clinton would have been. I say that because back around '98, the Asian markets were in a crisis. Some time a year or so prior Mexico was also in financial trouble. The concern here was the adverse ripple effect on the american economy. The Clinton adminstration, despite much conservative criticism decided to sure up their financial markets. For example he loaned Mexico money which they repayed with interest. Things like this help ultimately to keep our economy stable. Conversely, what we got from Jr was 300/600 bucs floated from next years potential tax receipts. This surely had an impact on our deficit which affects the private sector finacial markets.

I thought it was very telling in January when Bill Clinton told the news media that there would be a slowing of the economy. Not because of anything that Bush or the Republicans were doing, only because he new it wouldn't last.

Couldn't we get back to something more fun, like audio, tubes versus transitors, copper wire/silver wire? KHorns/LaScalas/Belles/Cornwalls/Heresies?

Next thing you know, we'll start talking about religion.

Marvel

but we didn't have a deficet when the tax cuts were passed. we did & still do have a surplus.

now after other events like 9/11 that it's clear we probably will have a deficet you blame W for that.

obviously either side can dance in hindsight all they want but nothing W has done will have any real impact until 2002-03 and beyond. the real reason you're upset over tax cuts are they put $ in the pockets of people with more money than you. face it disco & move on. Smile.gif

------------------

live long & prosper