Anyone Know If Gary Surrvived The Rain

Gilbert

Wasn't really concerned at all.

I just wanted to know so I could get started early on the looting. If he got washed away, I wanted to be sure and be first in line to go and pick up his zebra wood cornwalls. [:D]

Allan, my thoughts exactly all weekend and yesterday. I think they are fine.

Gilbert, you would have had to take my scraps. I live a lot closer and would have snagged the turntable and LPs fisrt...so you probably could have had Z-woods. However, I might have needed to gut them and turn them in to a record bin and life boat.

Thanks for your concern Gilbert! The sun is actually out right now but that is supposed to change soon.

The floors were sanded and stained yesterday with the first coat of finish to go on this afternoon. Lousy weather for finishing a floor with all the humidity but we've been cranking the AC and keep the windows closed. Smells but that's better then blotchy oak floors!

I had my backyard re-graded 2 years ago so I never have any basement leakage. If it rained like this 3 years ago, all my LPs would be on higher ground or ruined. Those french drains work great too!

Last I checked, Amtrak was still in business so Rich and I will be in NYC Sat afternoon to meet up with Allan & Kerrie. Should be a blast (or a gas as Allan would say[;)]). Looking forward to some great jazz and no sleep.

Gilbert - Did you get those LPs yet? Check your PMs!!!

BTW - I'd go down with my Corns like a ship's Captain trying to save them from a flood. Everything else is replacable.

Hey Rich - Just because you have a CEMENT POND in your backyard to measure the rainfall doesn't mean you got more than we did![;)]

Hey Rich - Just because you have a CEMENT POND in your backyard to measure the rainfall doesn't mean you got more than we did![;)]

But it was empty when it started and now it is full. That is at least 6 feet of water.[:o] Actually I have been watching the news.

You guys don't know what rain is. What has the DC area got over the past week 6 or 7 inches? When I was in Houston last week we had 10 inches in 75 min. [:P]

It has been nice to get this rain tho. I think every thing in our garden grew a foot. The weather guy said yesterday we got around 1.5 inches in Richmond. I was still able to smoke a brisket and some ribs tho. yummy

Gary, glad to hear that your kitchen is getting finished.

Steve

Gary, glad to hear you are about to wrap on the kitchen[:)]

Did you ever get either of those CD's to play?

Never got the Cat Stevens out in Hope but the crowd loved the AP and it too was in A++ condition[:D]

Let me know if I can send you something else as I feel I sure got the big end of the stick in this trade[;)]

Gary, glad to hear you are about to wrap on the kitchen[:)]

Did you ever get either of those CD's to play?

Never got the Cat Stevens out in Hope but the crowd loved the AP and it too was in A++ condition[:D]

Let me know if I can send you something else as I feel I sure got the big end of the stick in this trade[;)]

Glad you like them! My commute this morning took 2 1/2 hours so I decided to give the ELP some time to kick in. After about 10 minutes, the CD FINALLY decided to play and I listened the whole way through. Very Nice!! It was a nice change of pace and made the commute a lot more enjoyable!

Mike - Just give some advance notice and we'll see what we can set up. Sounds like a great idea. Rick hasn't contacted me yet.

The first coat of poly was just completed. The only problem is they also did the back hallway which leads to the basement door. The basement currently contains our makeshift kitchen and my wife's office. We keep the back stairwell covered because the drain is questionable and with all the rain and more expected, I'm a bit worried about uncovering it and possibly flooding the basement. I suppose I'll keep the submersible pump handy just in case. I'd have them wait until the weather clears a bit before finishing the floors but we're SO ready to move into the new kitchen and they're on a tight schedule. Looks like me and the pump will be sleeping together in the basement tonight.[|-)][um][st]

Mike - Just give some advance notice and we'll see what we can set up. Sounds like a great idea. Rick hasn't contacted me yet.

Well, Larry's gonna get with all you guys (you, Rich, Thebes, etc) to see what dates are available (Saturday I would imagine), and whatever you decide it will be the following day for golf. [:D]

BTW, shot 76, 75 and 76 my last 3 rounds at 3 different courses.

Mike

Rain! Don't even start whining about rain. I think we have had maybe 7 dry days out of the last 35. I have been on flood watch duty for a month now, one of the penalty's of living within about 50ft of a river and 25ft from a creek.

Rain! Don't even start whining about rain. I think we have had maybe 7 dry days out of the last 35. I have been on flood watch duty for a month now, one of the penalty's of living within about 50ft of a river and 25ft from a creek.

Ditto for Upstate New York, forecast calls for rain, isn't that a Robert Cray song?