Klipsch Forum=Twilight Zone?

Amy

• Moderators

Ok, so I'm a bit slow. I've been watching the forum all day, when I noticed at almost 4pm that there hadn't been any new posts since about 12:30. I posted something as a test to make sure the forum was working, and it posted fine. So I'm thinking, is everyone actually outside enjoying the summer? At lunch? No longer allowed to post during work hours? Baffling. So I scroll down to see that there are 0 guests online, and 1 registered member---ME!

So yes, it slowly dawned on me that I wasn't in an episode of the Twilight Zone...something was actually wrong. You see, when the forum has gone down in the past, no one is able to get on (including me)...so during work hours, it can be fixed quickly (hence the past "weekend" issues)....

At any rate, we're still working on the problem. I realize no one will be able to read this until things are fixed, but I wanted to have the post ready for all of those who will undoubtedly want to know what was going on.

This is a unique problem, and my limited technical knowledge prevents me from explaining. Something about a router.

At any rate, next time, someone please send me an email. I know I've responded in the past with "yeah, yeah, we know..." or some equally lame brush off, but I appreciate the heads up, even if we already know.

I was gonna e-mail ya, but figured you had 100 already.

If it helps you track down the problem, in the past I have gotten "can't process your request" or some sort of message. Today it was plain, typical MS IE error message saying DNS problems.

Yesterday was slow all day. Today before the implosion it was only slow when posting a message.

Hope this helps, Rich

Routers johnson rod exploded [li]

At least the forum doesn't appear to be totally down instead you feel special by being the only person on the forum and afraid to leave just in case somthing goes terribly wrong if log out. [8-)][*-)][^o)][:@]

• Moderators

Thanks, Rich! I'll send that info along to the people who are smart about such things [:)]

Ironically, no one emailed me this time. Serves me right for being so non-appreciative of all the other times people have been nice enough to alert me!

Amy, how about I email you every 15 minutes to let you know it is fine...when 20 minutes passes with no message you better start looking for problems[;)]

Seriously if you are interested there are programs/services that make sure your site is up and page you, email you, call you, etc. when they are down. A service we use at work is Red Alert http://www.redalert.com/. Get all these tight wads to chip in an buy it for the forum.

Thanks, Rich! I'll send that info along to the people who are smart about such things [:)]

Ironically, no one emailed me this time. Serves me right for being so non-appreciative of all the other times people have been nice enough to alert me!

we figured you had tired of all our whining....

Routers johnson rod exploded [li]

At least the forum doesn't appear to be totally instead you feel special by being the only person on the forum and afraid to leave just in case somthing goes terribly wrong if log out. [8-)][*-)][^o)][:@]

Just before the Johnson rods let go the chrome muffler bearings failed.

Hey, just a heads up, as there's probably something like a one in two chance the forum will be down this weekend. Is there any sort of preventative maintainence that could be performed on Friday P.M., instead of that longer than need be, "where the heck is she?", liquid lunch? [:|]

• Moderators

Hey, just a heads up, as there's probably something like a one in two chance the forum will be down this weekend. Is there any sort of preventative maintainence that could be performed on Friday P.M., instead of that longer than need be, "where the heck is she?", liquid lunch? [:|]

Now why would you say that? The forum hasn't been down for a weekend in a long time. [:(]

The forum hasn't been down for a weekend in a long time. [:(]

It just occured to me that you're absolutely right, and it's just me that's so disappointed for weeks afterwards.

Good work and I really do appreciate all your time and effort.