enjoying A minimilist system

Listening to my KenwoodKT -3500 integrated amp, FORTE 2, Carver (Yamaha) CD.....

Damn .....

it ain't K-Horns, tubes, et all ....

but it leaves me with a smile......

the Beer's good , too ..

Sierra Nevada ale.....[:)]

the 'ol Kenwood got some Bass, for 30 watt's ..

probly why I bought it in '75......[H]

Duke,

I hope you have some other gear left...

I have to admit, I am really liking the Moondogs. I checked the levels I normally listen at and realized I max out at aroung 80 db. I guess that's why I can like them so much.

Cheap JVC CD player (about 18 yrs old), Merlin, Moondogs, LaScalas. That's pretty simple too in some ways. I'm loving it.

Bruce

So which Carver CD player is that? I must confess that knowing Yamaha built those units has really changed my opinion of the Yammie CD players.

That actually sounds like quite the rockin' system actually - been wondering how the Forte 2's compare to the Chorus II's, but I'll probably get around to a demo one of these days.

I agree guys...listening right now to the Heart girls singing on CD spun by a Toshiba SD-3950 that I learned about on this Forum ($75.00) powered by Daddy Dee's (...and Dr. Bill's before him) EICO HF-81 ($325.00) through PWK's (well, not his personally...[:P] ) WO Quartets ($300.00 local Craig's List)...sweet and $700...it CAN be done...

Bill

Hey Duke,

If you ever get out to my neck of the woods, NoCal, you have to go to the Sierra Nevada Brewery and resturant. It's in Chico CA and is a killer place! Not only good food but they have a brown ale you can only get at the resturant! It is the BEST! They also have some good concerts there. I saw Robben Ford and his brothers a couple of years ago, great show!

Robben Ford is one of the most pleasant guitarists no one knows about. He even sings pretty well, too.

I like the minimalist system concept - no subs, no EQ, I prefer the retro minimalist appraoch - 70's turntable, 40's style SETs, 40's style big horns...

Pauln

So which Carver CD player is that? I must confess that knowing Yamaha built those units has really changed my opinion of the Yammie CD players.

That actually sounds like quite the rockin' system actually - been wondering how the Forte 2's compare to the Chorus II's, but I'll probably get around to a demo one of these days.

Carver SD/A 450 .....

i have 3 others, not much audible diff. between them ....

FORTE 2's ...ROCK ...!!

they dig noticeably deeper than the C-2, esp at low SPL

Dukester,

You boys are talking about BIG systems!

Dr. Cullison and I had a h*ll of a time in the Hope HI express listening to the old H2's powered by my high $$ Sharp unit. (pre, power amp, CD player, hair dryer, AM/FM, turntable, Swiss Army knife, EQ, and cigarette liter, all in one small box.) Rage Against the Machine's "How I could just kill a man" was so sweet and magical at 2:00 AM. [:D][D] I was told that the "crime scene" tape is still in place. Glad I used your name when I checked in.

Terry

PS: Larry C. (two doors down) was a very sound sleeper!