Empty la scala cabinets ?

tuned4life

No luck selling my lascalas on ebay. I am thinking I will keep the components for spare parts and try to sell the empty cabinets. they are consecutive serial#'s. Do you guys think there is a market for empty lascala cabinets and if so how much I might hope to get for them on ebay.

Doug, why don't you hold off for a month or two? Seems the speaker market is on the downside right now. I really believe it's the summer months and people are on vacation, and stereo's get used more in the Fall and Winter months. They look like too nice a speaker to strip, the minute you do that someone will want them................................

Interested in any trades at all I have a nice pair of 1980 WO Heresy's that I just got and a pair of Academy's as well.

I would use those in my basement system which is really overkill but would sound tremendous I am sure. La Scala's in a basement have tremendous bass response.

I agree with the wait and see sentiments expressed above, before parting out your La Scalas.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but I am looking for beater empty La Scala, Cornwall or Klipschorn (bass bins), and I mean beater. The rougher the better.

Ironically, I just sent this morning, an email to Jon about getting off his duff & sending out my empty LaScala "beater box" (with no drivers, just empty cabinet)

I need a single LaScala for a center and a beater version would be just fine as long as the bass bin works properly. his is damaged on the top half on the back of box.

I told him to give me a specific ship date or just send my cash back. Hard to beat his deal though, since the cabinet was banged up and empty, he was going to pitch it. He's giving it to me "free", I just have to pay shipping (ugh).

This has been going on since late May and it's time to get this behind us (ie, shipped)

I would be interested in a pair of empty LS cabs. Also might be interested in a less then perfect pair of fully populated LS. Maybe I missed your post. What are they (year, finish, etc.) and how much.

I am always on the prowl for a big heritage garage speaker as I think, sadly, my 33X28 garage would probably be the best listening "room" in my house.

" how much I might hope to get for them on ebay."

While 3 sheets of 11 ply birch to build a set only cost 140 bucks at home depot, I have seen empty LaScala cabs on ebay go for 250. Which is probally a good deal for both the buyer and seller if there is no shipping involved. Some folks who build cabs shoot to get 600 - 800 bucks for newly constructed cabs..

Not that I am recomending you part out your LaScala's. I think if you watch the market and list them when there aren't any laScala's on ebay, you'll sell them.

I would be interested in a pair of empty LS cabs. Also might be interested in a less then perfect pair of fully populated LS. Maybe I missed your post. What are they (year, finish, etc.) and how much.

I am always on the prowl for a big heritage garage speaker as I think, sadly, my 33X28 garage would probably be the best listening "room" in my house.

yes, LS work well in the garage!

post-10755-13819304850578_thumb.jpg

yes, LS work well in the garage!

Just gimme one set. I don't need the DBBs or extra HF sections.

One of the watchers from my auction has contacted me. I am going to sit tight and see what happens. thanks to all for your input. Its good to be able to get on the forum again. the fire fox browser seems to have fixed what ever the problem was that I couldnt get on.