sonic characteristics of cornwall vs. rf-7

Arky

Yes thank you again. When Bob has time i'm going to drop them off & go play John Daly's

course in Dardenelle. The pro there is a friend of mine. Anyone want to go play golf?

I checked wires in the cab & everything seemed tight. I assume I should hear something, anything out of the top end but I don't detect anything. It can't be that hard to hear it.

John

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this, and very surprised.

Still a very good deal !

I wonder if thats why the last owner was not happy with the sound ? He may have not even known ?

Seller is 2nd owner. Years ago he traded a pair of peavey pro for these. He has recently moved & can't find his amp. They just had a prematurely born grandbaby. He says he has had Lascalas in the past & one old Khorn. He isn't into audio right now.

I'm still diggin the extra lows & mids. Throw in my c-7 & it sounds really good.

It is very easy to blow the K77 diaphrams, especially on high powered SS amps.

JM

When will people learn not to send a distorted signal to their speakers? I would guess they could take a 3,000 wpc ss amp as long as the signal isnt distorted.

Congrats on 8 out of 10 rated Corns,in that condition,at that price,that's a great bargain even if you have to spend a few more bucks,Enjoy.

Thanks Fish. I think i'll take these to BEC & let him replace & refresh. If I wind up with

$800 in these I guess they will last my lifetime.

I can't get the picture post to work or I would post a couple. These aren't exotic like the rosewood I recently saw but no scratches or gouges. A couple of chips on the bottom riser.

"It is very easy to blow the K77 diaphrams, especially on high powered SS amps."

More than likely, the culprit was a low or moderate powered receiver or amp, cranked up to clipping. That'll fry a K77 pretty quickly. They're only like 5 watt drivers, they don't like distortion at all.

M

"It is very easy to blow the K77 diaphrams, especially on high powered SS amps."

More than likely, the culprit was a low or moderate powered receiver or amp, cranked up to clipping. That'll fry a K77 pretty quickly. They're only like 5 watt drivers, they don't like distortion at all.

M

I agree with Michael - a clipping (or over-driven) amp putting out square waves (at least I think that's what it does when it clips) is, to my knowledge, more dangerous to a loudspeaker then a non-clipping amp providing slightly more power (clean power) then the speaker's rated to handle. In other words, it's better to have more then enough juice then to come up short because coming up short drives the amp to clip and send "dirty," driver-destroying spikes to the speaker.

PWK had, in an old DFH (Dope From Hope), spoke about this very issue...with the K77 in particular.

H2G

Can't wait to see the picture's of these. Bill

I saved dr who's step by step instructions on posting pics. I must still be doing something wrong.

I told the seller today both tweeters are blown. He agreed to send me a $100 check.

I feel better & will call Bob next week for a complete makeover.

make sure to downsize them before posting or it'll take forever to upload (and for us to download), if it's taking a long time in the POST mode, that's probably it.

72 dpi at 6" is usually big enough. JPEG file type. Usually just a few hundred K.

M

make sure to downsize them before posting or it'll take forever to upload (and for us to download), if it's taking a long time in the POST mode, that's probably it.

72 dpi at 6" is usually big enough. JPEG file type. Usually just a few hundred K.

M

Man your talking to a computer dummy here. My digital was set to smallest it will go,

640x480 or whatever. JPEG file.

1. options/add

2. browse

3. pic is on my hard drive/save extension (jpeg)

4. post/ no preview

It only takes a couple seconds to add file in the browse box. I hit post but it doesn't post. ?

one pic is my avatar but it is hard to see.

Arky,

What browser and what operating system are you using? I've found this

forum software to be the absolute worse in terms of compatibility with

different browsers and OSs. It seems to be VERY Microsoft specific (and

not Web Standards compliant), preferring XP and IE. I'll run XP (at the

office), but I'll be damned if I'll ever run IE.

Send your pics to me at "pmsummer <at> gmail.com" and I'll upload them to the forum, if you'd like.

Arky,

What browser and what operating system are you using? I've found this

forum software to be the absolute worse in terms of compatibility with

different browsers and OSs. It seems to be VERY Microsoft specific (and

not Web Standards compliant), preferring XP and IE. I'll run XP (at the

office), but I'll be damned if I'll ever run IE.

Send your pics to me at "pmsummer <at> gmail.com" and I'll upload them to the forum, if you'd like.

windows xp. I tried to add pics from Firefox & IE. I will email you a few.