Listening to music reduces pains and depression

Colin

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/07/26/music.therapy.ap/index.html

Mmmmm, I didn't read your link but I will vouch for the pain relief part. After my back surgery recovering at home, late at night when I couldnt sleep I used to lay on the couch and crank up the stereo. A few nights my wife told me to turn down the music.......the music really helped!

Well that is good news as I am suffering from both back pain and stress/worrying right now. I have been seeing a chiropractor for 3 months and it isn't working . Plus I recently found out that my mother in NY state has cancer and I am really worried about that. I am going to move back up there soon to be with her. So I guess I better start listening to more music.

Lou Reed's ; Berlin, very depressing.................

But on the whole I do find certain music to be very UP-lifting, Bob Marley, Santana, the Band, always seems to smooth things out, give me a better perspective on things, change a frown to a smile......................

And recent research at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation suggests listening to music can reduce chronic pains and depression by up to 25 percent.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/07/26/music.therapy.ap/index.html

What about listening to music and having sex at the same time?

Any increase?

Run Away!

Gilbert-

Are you referring to Del Shannon's Runaway?

It's a great song, but like all of his lyrics it has a dark side. Del was a seriously depressed individual who finally commited suicide. He tried to warn us with his music, but all we heard was the beat and that organ riff.