Craigslist: 1961 KliPSCH Cornwall speaker tested & signed by Paul Klipsch

that one is rare with or without PWK signature. It would have been nice if the guy had posted a pic of the serial number label. looks like the early 12" woofer, K-1000 mid horn and I don't know what that mid-driver is. I've personally never seen that type crossover in a Cornwall before, looks just like the ones in my '60 Khorns. No pics of the wood but the grill looks OK as far as it can be seen.

That is a legit 1960-1961 Cornwall alright. The woofer is the K-33J (Jensen P15LL woofer) the hole in the front is only 12" so it somewhat loads the woofer. The crossover is original with the big bobbinized coils.

My brother in law Gilbert has the matching Cornwall to this one, if somebody were to get both they would have the oldest set of Cornwalls known to the forum.

Looks like they've taken the magnet cap off that P15LL. What in the world is that mid driver though?

The crossover is legit, the large coils are the same type used on my 64's.

Remember that lots of things were in mono back then so singles were a very real possiblity.

Wasn't there for sale a shorthorn/CW setup just recently? That'd be another place to get a mate for this one.

Gilbert should have a go at this bit of history. Grille and clear logo plate still look good.

Michael

C'mon Michael, must I educate you on all things Cornwall. The early Cornwall's are ported in the rear, the back cover is where the port is located.

Yes it is missing the magnet cover on the Jensen woofer. That midrange is unique and really old I have seen one other like it before though.

The picture I posted IS the speaker that Gilbert has currently in his possession. He tells me he is going to go for this Cornwall so he can have a pair! That's the spirit Bro! A pair even older than his '61's, these are like 1960 Cornwalls.

I appreciate your patience with me and my learning difficulties Charles.

Oh, that's right, isn't it a screen covered slot like the shorthorns? That would be an entirely different design because the port would lack the 'depth' component and therefore not have the same volume of air in it. I think Doc could show that it would be a completely different tuning than later CW designs.

Okay, I'm out. My lone 59-60 cornwall is finished in Mahogany Laquer. No riser, but mine has a riser and lower number so there [:P].

And the following was submitted to me from the seller....

Go get her boys.

Model CWL-15, serial 167
K-77
K-55 & K1000
K-33-J
K-1000-5000W
Medium color wood, don't know what type.
Will sell to the highest offer.

Okay, I'm out. My lone 59-60 cornwall is finished in Mahogany Laquer. No riser, but mine has a riser and lower number so there [:P].

And the following was submitted to me from the seller....

Go get her boys.

Model CWL-15, serial 167

K-77

K-55 & K1000

K-33-J

K-1000-5000W

Medium color wood, don't know what type.

Will sell to the highest offer.

Oops, I see you have the specs,

But, since when is CraigsList an auction site?

"craigslist is not an auction site and we would really appreciate it if you could help us keep it that way. If you have something for sale, or even a place for rent, please post a set price. Please do not scalp tickets on craigslist. Thanks for your help with this!"

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/faq.html#auction

I don't think any body said or implied that it is an auction site. But, maybe I missed a line or two in the previous posts?

It was stated in your post to which I replied with the quote.

It was expressed, not implied...."Will sell to the highest offer" = Auction

My point was that he is conducting an auction through his CraigsList posting.

Good eye, I missed that completely...duh!

Dave, go get her boy!

============================================

EDIT: Ooops, I meant to say John. ...sorry, I'm the worst with names, and I should have remembered.