Will we ever be happy?

PhilMays

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say there is nothing to be done to the Reference series speakers implies that they are perfect, when we all know that even the mighty Khorns can benefit from upgrades to their mid- and high-range horns and crossovers. I have heard FR7s with DeanGs upgraded crossover at Daddydees <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />ARK get-together two years, and we all heard the improvement they made.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Plus, several years ago, Klipsch own BobG said that adding weight to the top of the cabinets helped most Heritage (and I assume reference) models by dampening cabinet resonances.

[H]

I am one who is content with his system. After 15 years of system happiness, the only mod to my Cornwalls is a new set of original type capacitors. The old ones were just worn out. Amplification and source has also changed very little.

Also, now I just enjoy the music (it wasn't always that way). The system may not be perfect, but it is entirely adequate to produce a satisfying, emotional experience. It is funny, the more I play my classical guitar, the more I find myself concentrating on the music while using my system. The speakers are secondary to the overall experience.

Heck, even my mp3 player gives me tremendous musical satisfaction as I lie in bed listening to Segovia.

Andy

Funny, a friend stopped by with one of his friends, was watching a DVD concert, not turned up very loud, so we could talk instead of yelling, this guy proceeds to tell me about his Bose 5.1 set-up and how he thought his Bose sounded better than my system, I let it go for awhile, didn't argue, or throw the guy out, just reached over, cranked her up, and let it rip,............................Boy, he likes Klipsch Now...................Right Now this very minute........YEAH, I'm Happy......................

Well it's been a whole day, and I was still happy.............until.............I read these half done reports on the Jubille's......wrong cross overs, only one speaker hooked up, and they are sounding better than Khorns already...........oh, oh, do, or should I reconsider buying Khorns and go for the Jub's, what's a man supposed to do..........more choices,....more money,................the little woman will never know the difference between size of Khorns and the Jub's.....................sometimes I hate this Forum.........Khorns or Jubille's????

Well it's been a whole day, and I was still happy.............until.............I read these half done reports on the Jubille's......wrong cross overs, only one speaker hooked up, and they are sounding better than Khorns already...........oh, oh, do, or should I reconsider buying Khorns and go for the Jub's, what's a man supposed to do..........more choices,....more money,................the little woman will never know the difference between size of Khorns and the Jub's.....................sometimes I hate this Forum.........Khorns or Jubille's????

Oldbuckster...I am certain that despite whatever we tell them, women know the difference in size...we are fooling no one!...[;)]

Bill