Just got my free Maxell "Blown Away" poster in the mail!!

wuzzzer

Yee ha!! Found mine on the front porch just before a driving rain storm a couple days ago, sealed up in a nice plastic bag inside the tube, now have to hide it so wife does not "check it out" and crinkle it!

Still have all my reel-to-reel tapes from the 70s and 80s, may have to crank up the old Tandberg deck, any thoughts on what to do to a reel to reel deck that has seen no action for close to 20 years?

Thanks guys -

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys want me to check my suppliers for a quantity price on a metal screw-together (Neilsen) frame to fit the posters? We could ship them knocked down flat and you could obtain glass locally if you wished.

Michael

Michael,

Haven't heard any more on your offer. Are you still checking? Or am I the only one expressing an interest?

Do you guys want me to check my suppliers for a quantity price on a metal screw-together (Neilsen) frame to fit the posters? We could ship them knocked down flat and you could obtain glass locally if you wished.

Michael

Michael,

Haven't heard any more on your offer. Are you still checking? Or am I the only one expressing an interest?

I'll look into it today. It'll be one of those metal 'Nielsen' types that screw together. That way they can ship inexpensively. If you can run a screwdriver, you can assemble it.

M

Hey maybe Klipsch could talk to Maxell and make a new poster with a LaScalla II in front of the chair now that would be cool huh. Maybe at an angle so you can see inside the Scala to.Rick

I was thinking of something similar, but just doing it myself: Paste on a picture of a Klipschorn, bend the poster at the speaker, and fitting it in the corner of the wall...

This is my first view of this thread. I'd better get it on and email 'em, huh?

• 3 weeks later...

I was a little late to the party, but must have just got in under the wire. I emailed them on August 18th, and got the poster about 10 days later. UPS found a way to crush the tube....but the poster came out good enough that I can frame it without the damage being noticed.

Gotta give Maxell thier props for this one......pretty cool for a freebie[:)]

I probably asked for mine after that and got mine a week ago, so don't give up just yet. Haven't found the right frame yet for it, but when I do it's going in my family room. Will post pics when mounted on the wall. [:D]

Mike

I finally got mine into a frame and on the wall. I posted it elsewhere cuz I could not find this thread so here it is. Hobby Lobby is a great place for frames and framing if you have one of those handy.

post-21633-1381931064748_thumb.jpg