WAY OT - Any Bicyclists here?

Clarence

A little bit ago, my wife was reading over my shoulder. She said it was obvious that many of us become about as obsessed and "into" the nuances of bikes about like we do speakers.

I said, well yeah.. Going out and just picking up a bike from WalMart would be about the same as going out and getting some Bose's from Worst Buy. Wait a minute, I've done both of those things in the past...[;)]

Well, not anymore. Only good bikes, horns, and tubes for me baby!![:D]

Paul

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually has a small nuclear generator which helps the disc brakes. There is some concern with the nuclear stuff being so near to the seat itself, but hey, it stops on a dime. It is made of a gold and platinum alloy, which though costly , gives a good deal of mass, which is helpfull when trying to go really fast. Leather seats, of course.

Cost: about what a good audio set up would cost.

Clarence,

That's a beauty alright! Great chrome job.

Yeah, we gots lots of those here in Little D (Dallas). Mainly popular in the Hispanic community. The diversity of bikes in town is really exciting: lowriders, choppers, stacked frames, fixies, unicycles, tandems, and folders.

Man I love 'em all!

That's my Birdy and trailer for my field work.

post-20991-13819308061016_thumb.jpg

Got the bike today, it is effortless to ride. 28 speeds? wow... also met some cool people, actually the bike shop is right down the road, and they do a ride on tuesdays at 6:30. I am excited. You should see me in them spandex shorts!

Kaiser isn't it funny, audiophiles also like bikes? Whats with us?? Maybe we need to organize on a bike forum?

Me with my new toy....

post-21157-13819308116526_thumb.jpg

Awesome Paul glad you're enjoying the amp! Is mlh a bike fan too? I betting yes! And he is a budding audiophile! I looked at the Cannondale, sweet bike. I got good news today regarding my employment situation, I had $200 down on it, and I wasent going to pick it up untill I secured the job. Well, I got it today!

C

Edit: The Dura Ace model, tested here, has a retail price of $4400. Its Ultegra sibling goes for $3300

Is that the pricing on the Cannondale???[:o]

Clarence,

MLH does love bikes too. He has outgrown his last one and has inherited my mountain bike. He likes riding in the trails behind our house.

The Cannondale we are getting is the Synapse Alloy version, it is last years model and on sale for 950, usually around 1100. They make an all carbonfiber version also, it gets into the 3000-4000 range. But I am hardly a professional, and saving a few ounces vs saving a few thousand bucks isn't that important to me.

Paul

Got the bike today, it is effortless to ride. 28 speeds? wow... also met some cool people, actually the bike shop is right down the road, and they do a ride on tuesdays at 6:30. I am excited. You should see me in them spandex shorts!

Kaiser isn't it funny, audiophiles also like bikes? Whats with us?? Maybe we need to organize on a bike forum?

Me with my new toy....

Ed, please, it's Lycra! It's tough enough parading around in those shorts as it is without calling it spandex. Pat Benetar wore spandex. You need some clipless peds for that beauty and you're all set.