New Heresy III's Arrive :-)

GregB

I am very interested in comments as to how the new Heresys sound. The first shipments have arrived in Australia. They COULD replace my Heresy II's as surround speakers [*-)].

But I should say, as surrounds in my system, my current Heresys sound absolutely brilliant. Also by retaining these speakers, I have saved heaps of money. This is because the Heresys are so easy to drive, I've managed to save even more money on my processor/receiver - which only drive my rears.

Everyone should have a pair of Heresys. They are one of the most versatile speakers on the market.

P.S. They sound better on their risers as close to a corner or wall as possible.

• Moderators

We had a chance to hear the new heresy lll's in Hope a few months ago and I could not get over how they sounded.

Just a little smaller sound then it's 3 bigger brothers , still can't belive the sound out of that small cabinet.

It has the same mid and high freq driver as the Cornwall lll.

I'd like to find a pair of older beat up Heresy's { cheap ] for the workshop.

Yikes!!! Its the little ones for now because I have two little ones!!! A 3 1/2 year old and a 1 year old. The Heresys just tuck away in the corners and do their biz. The Redskins game last night, even though ESPN's audio sucks pond water (at least via our cable provider), was mucho more dramatic that football has been though previous speakers.

- GregB

Welcome Greg.

My kids grew up with Cornwalls in the house. By the time they were strong enough to budge them, they were teenagers.[;)]

I hope the H3s break in nicely for you. It really shouldn't take more than 20-30 hours.

As everyone else said, placement is everything! Oh yeah.......TUBES HELP A LOT!!!!![:D]

Good luck and welcome to the nuthouse!

- Gary

dtel,

I agree wholeheartedly with you on this...I listened a few weeks ago to Heresy IIIs, Cornwall IIIs and of course Klipschorns at an area shop...I thought to myself, those Heresys sounded like the best bang for the buck...beautiful speakers all...I'm just a Heritage (...and "psuedo Heritage"...) kinda guy...

Bill

"Just a little smaller sound then it's 3 bigger brothers , still can't belive the sound out of that small cabinet."

Yes - I accept that - the littleset brother isn't quite the same as the biggest broher...but is from the same, wonderful, family :-)

- GregB