Hi Folks-"Newbie question" help please!

jmorgan32

Just got my first pair of Klipsch (F3) Love them!

I live alone, so my ex-wife isn't here to bug me about not using the speaker grills! Yes! (we battled over it years ago with my old Pioneers)

Does it really improve sound? I don't have the "best audiophole ears" but think it MUST improve it somewhat.

Also, do you think dust and dirt may be an issue that would warrant using the grills"

Bottom line (OK i am getting to my question!!!!!!!!!!) Do you guys use the grills or not?????????

Thanks a bunch.

Joe

Thanks a lot. I don't have kids here or pets. However, I think I may put them back on. Again, thanks for responding. I didn't know it I was going to get a response ! Seems like a pretty "tight group" here, or I am just not "worthy yet"!

All I wanted was a simple......"yes i use em, or No I dont" thats it.........hmmm maybe it was too much to ask............at least you took the time as I would if i could help you. thanks.........

Joe

You have to have patience around here. A lot of threads take a while to get going. I rarely take the grills off my forte II's, the magnets are pretty strong, and there is no obvious sound difference, just an obvious difference in looks. They look cool with horns a'showin, but having the grills on make sure both the components and the grills are best protected.

Joe,

Welcome to the Klipsch forum, yes, leave them on unless you want to see the drivers from time to time. I've ran many different pairs of speakers over the years that had removable grills and over all there is not a dimes worth of difference with them off or on in most cases.

Thanks everyone. Yes, I should have exercised more patience for your replies. (new to the forum) Guess I will do what should be a pretty simple "experiment." Put one grill on and have one off, and just listen!!

My primary concern is dust, dirt and mostly cobwebs. I live alone and don't do a real good job up in the corners of my room. A gal came over last weekend and was "kind" enough to point out a huge cobweb up by the ceiling. (made me feel real good!!!!!!!!!)

I have to believe these would develop in the cones etc, so I would then be faced with either just wiping the cones off or even using a vacuum cleaner attachment. (eg the one with the brush on the end?)

Hmmmm. Well, you all can tell by now that I am somewhat of a "worry wart."

Once again, thanks for taking time to offer feedback.

Take care,

Joe

I don't think the cobs would bother setting up on your speakers. Too much movement on the cones and too much air movement from the horns. I have neglected to look at the back of the Forte II's for long periods of time and never had a cob or anything else make shop. (Except sometimes in the groove between the riser and the cabinet).

Let the spiders live. Or at least most of them. 1. They help keep other bugs controlled. 2. You can achieve that "Adams Family" look. 3. At Halloween it looks like you went all out carefully decorating with spider webs. 4. No pesticides to pollute your living space. 5. Spiders are harmless to humans with a few poisonous exceptions.

Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

I usually leave my grills on. To my ears, I don't think I can discern the difference. However, there are definitely times I just feel like looking at the drivers and take em off to enjoy the view.

Dee,

How are you enjoying the RFs you got in Hope?

I don't think the cobs would bother setting up on your speakers. Too much movement on the cones and too much air movement from the horns. I have neglected to look at the back of the Forte II's for long periods of time and never had a cob or anything else make shop. (Except sometimes in the groove between the riser and the cabinet).

Let the spiders live. Or at least most of them. 1. They help keep other bugs controlled. 2. You can achieve that "Adams Family" look. 3. At Halloween it looks like you went all out carefully decorating with spider webs. 4. No pesticides to pollute your living space. 5. Spiders are harmless to humans with a few poisonous exceptions.

THANKS again. Makes sense.

THANKS again. Makes sense.

If you can relate to this, to me it's like driving a hot car. One drives it to work as a daily driver, but at night on the weekends, I open up the exhaust for a few more horses. IMHO, no fabric is completely transparent. I believe that I can hear a difference without grill cloth, IMHO. So for looks, they are covered. When I am all-out, the headers are open, and the grills are off.

Welcome to this madness.

tc