A little birdie told me.................

htxpert

da' wha'?

what did you just say?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

New Heritage 1st quarter next year All I can say is about the K-Horn BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID Now where did I put thoes damn Depends

is that what you meant? when you make it like each phrase on its own line it looks like you are saying 4 different things, unrelated to each other.

How am I a villian?

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

How am I a villian?

I just wanted to add... your syntax is all wrong if that is supposed to be a sentence... passive and active verbs contradicting each other...

quote:

all i can say is about the K-Horn

it makes it not make sense. how is that info goung to mean anything to anyone? they are improved... so we are now afraid of them?

then you are looking for Depends and if you are talking about what i think you are talking about... you have PMS? what are you talking about!?

and no, i am not happy now. i do not like being flamed (or nearly that) by other ppl. It is VERY rare that i get an enemy on the BB's, infact, the only one i can think of is Gondor... that lasted on a week and was just a misunderstanding. How am I a villian? Do i tell ppl to say get a match to warm up their surrounds before playing and thus causing serious damage to their speakers? Do i ever do anything like that. Give me some examples on how i am a villian, please do.

------------------

-justin

if you are being an honest person and are asking what i would do, i would just repeat what i said in your other post. that would be to not use the plenum rated CAT5 cable you suggested, that is only a fire rating and unless you want to be able to put your speaker wire to extreme temps, you do not need to pay the extra 18 cents a foot. Then you should braid it, makes it much easier to deal with and such. Using CAT6 or CAT7 would allow a higher bandwidth, though i am not sure what that would do for your sound, it can't hurt to have a more powerful cord. CAT5 is at 350Mhz, and CAT6 i think is 550, dont really know about CAT7 (which is very hard to find). I would just use CAT5, non plenum, braided, and your done. Braiding takes a while but can be done with a rope machine, you can make one of those quite easily.

------------------

-justin

For Kripes sake
"LIGHTEN UP"!!!
You are not who I thought you were. I have a friend
in Texas named Justin He has enough comon
sense to read my poor syntax and has a sense of humor
This board is a place to relax and have fun and pass
along info.With remarks like "If you are an honest person" and attacks on syntax You have shot the
messenger

------------------
I am HI-FI :)

Oh Ear, be nice.

Hell, When I was Justin's age, I was more worried

about being drunk than audio.

It was a misunderstanding.

Obviously, He's into the same subject as everyone

else, why knock him.

justin, It's not about the fire rating of Cat 5,

It's about the sound quality of teflon coated wire over the PVC coated wire.

Some people claim the teflon coated wire sounds

'better' than PVC.

This could be subjective bullshit, who knows.....

But some claim the process in which the PVC is

processed and applied degrades the copper or

makes it degrade quicker.

yeah yer right, CAT 7 is better than CAT 5, it

has higher bandwidth, Longer grain structure in

the copper, I geuss.

(Yes, and a pain to find.)

The Bandwidth rating for network cable, is

a different rating than audio, I'm pretty sure.

Who could hear 350mhz anyway?

Now if the wire with better structure and bandwidth,

should in theory, sound 'Better', then why not spend the extra cash?

(I mean were talking cents here.)

There is a site for twisting with a drill.

My pre-amp does have a pretty wimpy power cord......

THANX!

cwm32.gifcwm44.gifcwm32.gif

well, i went out and look for some CAT7, asked some friends who work for Oracle and they said that it is nearly imposible to find because it is not even being used, no use yet. CAT6 is jus tnow being introduced! LoL! He said that the only advantage of CAT7 (if you could find it, and to a lesser degree CAT6) would be if you were oging to run it for very long distances, like 500 meters... don't think your speakers will be that far away from teh amp... sure hope not! Smile.gif

where is that site about the drill? that should be pretty ingteresting,,, is it braiding the wire or just twisting? That twist would do though, twists by the human hand would probably not be the best idea... hehehe.

There is a website, i think Paragon made/discovered it, it is in the v2.400 website and explains the whole process. but now we are way off topic, thoughwe were only ontopic like twice.

i am really sorry for the misunderstanding. this has been a VERY tough week for me.

1. my parents got in a really bad car accident

2. my dog has cancer and has 3 weeks left

3. i have a seizure disorder and am having problems with my medicines, ups and downs,

4. my trig teacher has decided to hate me and will stop at no where to make sure i fail this six weeks

5. my car was hit in a parking lot and will cost $1000 to fix

6. my best friend of all time has moved to tennessee

7. and numerous other things that are just sucking right now.

8. oh yeah, someone is trying to break into our house, opens the back door at night, though we have not yet seen him/her.

once again, sory for all the missunderstandings... my temper has been cut very short.

------------------

-justin

thanks guys. my parents are doing better since the accident, my mom was pretty bad. hopefully next week will be better. cwm6.gif

------------------

-justin

Part of the reason Cat7 would cost more than Cat5, and even more than Cat3 (used for telephones), is that there is a bit more copper for a given foot of wire. There are more twists per foot, giving it more noise immunity/rejection. The capacitance difference is especially important in digital signals, because you are talking about square waves. We're talking ones and zeros, on and off. If the capacitance is too high, the signal basically just gets shunted to ground, and won't go the distance. Audio being a sine wave (okay, a very complex sine wave) has less trouble with higher capacitance, but will still roll off the high end for the same reason.

Speaking of cables, has anyone seen the interconnects that say they have a twisted pair for noise rejection, but are still an unbalanced line? Sounds like a marketing scam to me. They are around $25 a pair of cables. RCA connectors on each end, a braided shield, and a twisted pair for the cnter conductor(s). Seems that without going into/coming out of a transformer or using an electronically balanced I/O, it would be worthless.

Marvel

justin,

Sorry to hear about all your difficulties. I hope everything goes well for you and your family.

Mike,

I followed your link to the site with instructions for drill twisting the Cat 5 cable.

I have been using off and on some Cat 5 cable and I like it alot. In fact I like it better than the DH Labs Q-10 I am currently using and I am going back to the Cat 5.

I was quite surprised when I saw the web page you linked to...Anthony (of Gomer Cable) is the guy who made my cables for me.

------------------

Ed W