My wife NOW understands!!!!

PhilMays

This weekend my wifes sister and husband visited from Ft. Laurderdale. We went to the movies and saw The Guardian (EXCELLENT MOVIE!).

On Sunday we watched The Posidian Adventure (SUCKED) and later with the kids Nanny McFee (EXCELLENT). As bad as the first movie was they were all amazed with the system. They sounds that full size speakers give and the headroom of 250 watt amps cannot be denied. I think they may be Bose type of people, now their not. I looked at my wife at one time and she was proud...no really proud...of the system.

I do not think I will catch any more grief about it!!!!!!

Just thought I would brag...sorry....

hey phil congrats on getting your wife on your side!!

as far as your sig goes the university of nebraska recenty did a study and had an amazing breakthrough!!!!

the figured out what causes little kids!!!!!

p.m. me if you really want to know [;)]

jay

• Like 1

The basement where I am aloud to put all my equipment is unfinished, soon to change. I just can't get the better half to go down and watch a movie. So maybe by this time next year, I can say she's on my side. But for now I keep getting put in the dog house, ebay is not my friend. I think that I'll have to put any speaker purchased on hold. Its getting quite cold outside in the dog house.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Let's see...ummm...as far as the research goes on what causes kids, I'm afraid of the resulting implications of what may stop!

Yea, I have the popcorn machine and my 7 year old takes ownership in the production and distribution process. They have the entire kids popcorn trays, etc....another reason my wife loves the system....ahhh..more the experience!

Homemadeheresy, Do it for the kids!!!! Your wife cannot say no to them ;)

Anyway my wife is even buying decorations for the theater now...signs, clock, etc!

SHE HAS EVEN LET ME HAVE MY GUITAR ROOM NOW!!!!!

I have done something right and I don't even know what I have done!!!!!

Phil: Isn't having a great wife a wonderful thing? Mine also shares the pride of our system. I now enjoy sitting back and watching HER field the questions about our system. She attended the Hope Pilgrimage with me too and is now ready for the one in (I think) Indy next June. Perhaps, we'll see the two of you there? Congrats, Phil!

The closest I get to praise for my setup from my wife is when we go to friends and she hears theirs.Also kinda strange but most of my friends wives that come to my house will listen to music,concerts or movies but won't listen at home.They'll often say turn that up,then the hubbies say "she never tells me that",she tells me to turn it down.

My wife would never admit to enjoying some of my "projects", she would only say she had finally been "sucked in".[:|]

I'm really sorry to hear that. When we decided to embark on our 26-month "journey" of building our HT, we made the decision together. And then....we went speaker-shopping.....together! We listened to 13-different systems over the course of two months. When we heard the Klipsch Reference system, we both looked at each other and said, "That's it!" at the very same time! So, because she helped decide things right along with me, it gives her shared "ownership" in our choices. This theater is a part of her, too.

All I can say here is, have you ever attempted to involve your wife in the selection process or decision-making process with any level of success? If you haven't, that may be why she feels sor of left out or "sucked in" as you put it? If you have tried and failed, then I don;t know what to say. I sure hope you are able to turn things around. It is certainly a lot more fun when everyone is happy. Best of luck. -Glenn

Only engaged here, so I don't have quite the same "experience" with the "wife approval factor". However she grew up with her Dad's system (B&W 801's). So she doesn't mind the investment. However she's put the brakes on anything new till after the wedding. (she seems to think that saving up for wedding stuff is more important than HT equipement)

However I can't complain because she was receptive to a complete reference 35 series plus RSW-15. Although no more components.

She HATES when I "demo" the setup for friends, but after i've finished she kinda laughs cause all our friends are quite impressed by the setup. She does approve of cranking it up when my uncle stops by cause he's a bo$e guy (although he got it for free so guess i cant knock him too hard).

Always great when they approve, makes it fun for all

as far as your sig goes the university of nebraska recenty did a study and had an amazing breakthrough!!!!

the figured out what causes little kids!!!!!

p.m. me if you really want to know [;)]

jay

The results from my own personal study:

The 17 year old -- Red wine

The 15 Year old -- Tequila

The 12 Year old -- Red wine again

- Jim

Jim.... Are you that guy..(looking at your avatar..) That lives down by the river... in a small house.... and just a little hyper???? Wait, that is a new coffeee table.. be careful! Oh noooo crash.,.... hahahahaaha The SNLl skit was so funny, because even though you knew what he was gonna do... the looks on everyone elses face trying to keep in character was pricelss.. Esp David Spade.

Oh MY! Sounds like you need some Tequila.. hehehehehehe

My wife would never admit to enjoying some of my "projects", she would only say she had finally been "sucked in".[:|]

I'm really sorry to hear that. When we decided to embark on our 26-month "journey" of building our HT, we made the decision together. And then....we went speaker-shopping.....together! We listened to 13-different systems over the course of two months. When we heard the Klipsch Reference system, we both looked at each other and said, "That's it!" at the very same time! So, because she helped decide things right along with me, it gives her shared "ownership" in our choices. This theater is a part of her, too.

All I can say here is, have you ever attempted to involve your wife in the selection process or decision-making process with any level of success? If you haven't, that may be why she feels sor of left out or "sucked in" as you put it? If you have tried and failed, then I don;t know what to say. I sure hope you are able to turn things around. It is certainly a lot more fun when everyone is happy. Best of luck. -Glenn

She's just not a do-it-yourselfer. She likes the finished product but only suffers along during the assembly phase. Next time she goes to buy shoes I'll tag along and give her my best fashion advice.[6]

Everyone thinks I'm slightly touched in the head with the Home Theatre, what a waste of money, doesn't sound any different than TV speakers, speakers all over the place, ugly speakers, why does one need a home theatre anyway, grow up and act your age, you know the story...........BUT.........They always want to watch the Movie on the system down in my room............Funny thing about having a home theatre.............

I would love to do the Pilgramage! Plenty of time to lay the "ground work". She enjoys it but cannot for the life of her figure out why I read so much about it and bid and loose on ebay so much.

Anyway, the kids are now involved which convinces her...and she loves it.

She still LOVES to go out to the movies. Her sister gave her crap about it this weekend and said "why would you want to go out when you've got that downstairs"

• Moderators

I would love to do the Pilgramage! Plenty of time to lay the "ground work". She enjoys it but cannot for the life of her figure out why I read so much about it and bid and loose on ebay so much.

Anyway, the kids are now involved which convinces her...and she loves it.

She still LOVES to go out to the movies. Her sister gave her crap about it this weekend and said "why would you want to go out when you've got that downstairs"

Why would you want to go out ,she is right.

We never built a theater but for some reason I always had a problem trying to convince her on anything audio, it was just for me.

Then something changed when I found Klipsch, now she likes it as much as I do.

I don't know if it's the Klipsch sound or what it was, she always liked music just didn't care how it came to be.

I don't know what happened but glad it did ! Much more fun now.

And for all you people out there, bring your wife to a pilgrimage and try to get her to read some post if you can, both really helps.

Dtel,

It's funny, she now looks over my shoulders somtimes to read a post.

It's like fishing for a the big granddaddy whopper that no one can catch.

Good bait... patience.... theres a nibble.... patience...took the bait and playing with it...starting to run...Set the hook now....let them take the line....loosen the drag....and when they can no longer fight...bring it home!