Heresy Badge - Plastic or Brass

mdl

I was looking at buying some Heresy II's on the used market. I do not have serial numbers, only pictures. One thing that struck me as odd was the Klipsch nameplate is just a clear sticker. I have only seen the brass plates (or whatever they are).

Is this standard? The seller (second owner) says they are original. Should I assume the first owner stripped them off?

Thx.

Thanks guys.... confirmed what I thought. I agree it is not a big deal, but it is part of the nostalgia for me (I owned Klipschorns and Cornwalls back in the 70s and early 80s... and I feel like returning to the fold again).

Oldenough... how did you come across the plates? Any chance you want to sell a pair :-)

I was going to contact Klipsch as I understand they may sell replacement plates.

Thx again... good to (almost) be back :-)

could you describe your plastic plates? Are they like clear lucite with script Klipsch letters in white by any chance?

Going off of the pics, and the seller's description, my impression is simply a clear sticker with white lettering versus a harder clear plastic/lucite. The letters are not script either. It is what I would call the "standard lower case block lettering".

Last year I ordered the standard brass badges that have the black block lettering from Klipsch service parts. I think I paid $2.50/badge or something like that.

I think those are the ones used on '89 vintage. That's what my LaScalas have on them.

But....I have also seen the pie slice logo style badges on heresys. Those would be plastic. I really don't know what vintages had those as stock badges.

Edit: I see now that all the new Heritage speakers have the pie slice logos, which I am guessing would be plastic?

My HIIs came with no serial numbers, no badges, etc., just that wonderful Klipsch sound. They are the real thing, just that someone had taken of all external markings. Wish I knew the serial numbers. I only guessed the year made as I removed a driver and found dated inspection stickers on the inside of the cabinets. As many as they cranked out and sold, I figure those dates are close enough.

Bruce

mdl,

My '75 H1's have the black and gold pie. My '90 H2's have the brass. The only clear lucite that I have seen were on late 60's early 70's (?) Khorns and read Klipschorn.

BUT, a forum member (can't remember who) has a clear slice of pie on Cornwalls. I have never seen one "on the hoof". I think that they were late 60's.

During transitional periods from CW1, CW vert horns, CW2, H1 and H2.........Things were a bit inconsistent IMHO.

The whole thing with CW, CW1, CW vert horn, and CW2............makes me crazy.

I ordered my first Cornwalls in '73. To my knowledge, the '73 cat only offered horz horns, I expected horz horns, but I received vert horns. When I ordered my second CW pair in '75, everything was Horz.

The badge thing is just as confusing. But your H2's should have the Brass plates.

Regards,

Terry