Bottlehead paramounts 2A3 amps -For Sale

markgod

To All,-THESE ARE SOLD 11/02/06 THANKS

Anyone interested in some excellant sounding Set amps . I have a pair for sale on audiogon ,will be glad to answer anyone's questions. These were actually re-built by "Doc" of bottlehead fame, after another "professional" botched the original build job. Doc took them into his shop and built them "making sure I would be satisfied" . They are item #1165432930,on audiogon. Reason for selling ,I have always wanted to try the VRD's and having recently sold a pair of Lascala's [the ones that are sitting in oldbucksters house] ,and if I sell these ,I will be able to finance the VRD's. There is a link to the bottlehead sight on the audiogon listing ,or just put in bottlehead for a search and you can find plenty of info.

OH NO...........Oldbuckster strikes again...........Those Bottleheads are in tip top shape, beautiful condition........That is Fact.............All his gear is excellent......Oh boy Mark, your going to wake up those Khorns...........I'm packin' up the silverware today........Good Luck, and keep us posted........I think you're going to like what you get..........I don't think the wife will be to happy...........Good for you..........

Now, Now..Let the man sell his amp....don't need to start a debate, Mark has made a decision to try something else....his call..................if it was me, I'd talk him into Home Theatre.....something his wife might enjoy, too.....but it's Marks call, not mine..............

If someone in this New York State area is looking for SET.....look no further...it's right there.............worth the trip......although he's kinda' a mean cuss.................[;)]

Duke, Duke, Duke...

No one ever said that, except perhaps you just now.

Whether I roll in a higher powered amp or not, I'm keeping my Moondogs.

As an owner of several McIntosh MC-30s (which I use/enjoy for many of the same reasons that some here like SET), I can absolutely see how a pair of VRDs would be desireable.

Now my MC30's.....they are midrange KINGS. Wouldn't sell 'em or trade 'em - EVAH. But as much as I love those amps, the VRD's bring something different to the table - smooth, transparent, liquid sounding tube rectified power that is in another world entirely. MUCH more weight and authority with the VRD's - which make them the perfect candidate to "2 channel" my home theater....and an EXCELLENT "counterpoint" to my MC30 based system.

Speaking of home theater: Try taking a decent DVD player and hooking it up to a 2 channel VRD based system, and it just might be good enough to forget having the other 3-5 speakers. A GOOD 2 channel system can impress just as much as any HT.

And I agree with Dean - the VRDs might be the last amps you'll ever buy.

Hmmmmnnnn .......

why would Someone .... sell SET to go to .......

VRD's............????????

won't your Sound .... now .... Suck ..???

Duke,

I figure it will suck for awhile ,but once I get rid of the sucky khorns and get me a real pair of speakers, Bose 901's . Them VRD's will have enough power to push them, my real reason for selling the set. I also have a good lead on a fisher-price turn table , I figure how can I go wrong playing vinyl records on an all vinyl turn table talk about synergy.[:D]

Do we need a REFEREE on this thread..????????

Audio nectar......There is no way a 2 channel can match the sound of a DVD in DTS, I don't doubt the fact that VRD will sound excellent...but...your comparing Apples and Oranges.....these members with Khorns and LaScalas all around, no way will a 2 channel match that.........Unless, you posted that for a response.......

Do we need a REFEREE on this thread..????????

Audio nectar......There is no way a 2 channel can match the sound of a DVD in DTS, I don't doubt the fact that VRD will sound excellent...but...your comparing Apples and Oranges.....these members with Khorns and LaScalas all around, no way will a 2 channel match that.........Unless, you posted that for a response.......

I don't know I had a full surround system and it was cool for a while. But in the end it just seemed like to much of a hassle for the little enjoyment. The only time I experienced any real thrill was watching action packed movies. With most movies the center channel does 99.9% of the work. I watch in 2 channel only now and it sure seems like I have a center channel.

Paul had a complete 5 channel 2- Khorns and 3-Bells and ended up selling it. With him I believe it was cool for a while but then he ended up listening in two channel 99% of the time.

Craig