Something Wonderful

colterphoto1

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael: Well, I finally made my way into this enormous line of friends you have stacked up to post here. Holy cow! I am so proud of you and ellated with the news of your new job. Congratulations my friend! This would seem like a dream job to me, and I know you must feel the same way. I can't think of anyone else more deserving, more devoted, more motivated, or more qualified for the job. You are turning your whole life around: An opportunity few people get to do in their lifetime. You are starting on December 12th: My son's 32nd birthday. Klipsch got a real gem in hiring you and I hope they appreciate that. I'm sure they do or they probably would never have offered you the job in the first place. Isn't it great to know that you will be working among friends? Best of luck to you, Michael. I am so envious. The saga continues: You will always be my hero!

-Glenn

Michael in my driveway with the industrial LaScala's he won nearby via Ebay...

post-10177-13819311580738_thumb.jpg

Thanks Glenn, I think you were the first Forum member I ever visited on a road trip, when scoring those LSI's in Detroit. Do you have a date for that photo by chance? I remember being glad I drove the Chevy truck instead of the Honda, and that the guy I bought the LSI's from was like minutes from your lovely home and small home theatre. I don't think those ever were at the farm, so must have been the beginning of my obsession after I purchased the ranch in Indy in spring of 2004?

I always love a good Klipsch score- I mean LOOK at the smiles! And I always loved a good road trip, many of my speakers have a tale to tell. I'll never forget those words of yours before I got my first listen of a state of the art Reference setup at your place: 'you will notice a change in the air pressure'.

That second image is from summer of 2005 when I travelled with Roger to Miami to collect the finishing touches on his 7x split LSI setup.

Thanks for being such a good Forum Brother Picky,

Michael

• Moderators

Michael your luck is not over you are due much more, after the house problem is settled, without hardly any problems, you will meet a lady in the next year or so, that would be more good news.

Just a guess / feeling, you have good things to come ! Your luck is changing !

Michael: Everything I have here from that trip says: March 24, 2005. There was a bit of snow on the ground in the first picture just about hip-level between you and your truck.

And, ....was I right about the air pressure in the room changing? Hmmmmm? [;)] LOL

You were the second forum member I've met and the second one to visit our house. (Michael Hurd visited our place in May of 2004.) I remember that you wrote the most glowing and detailed report of our theater anyone's ever written. Thank you for that, Bro!

-Glenn

post-10177-13819311588688_thumb.jpg

I think that was the WEEK I bought this house. A day that will live in INFAMY!

Dtel, I hope you're right. Was talking to a friend just now about the feel-goods on this thread and how it seems that my obsessive collecting and posting have been leading up to the opportunity to serve at Klipsch. It's been one heck of a 2.5 years.

I need all your prayers and positive vibes about this house situation. Hopefully good news will continue to come from here. And hope the tax man doesn't get to us first.

Michael

This is just property tax, but about 10K worth. They've not legally subdivided this plat, so they've not split the tax, so we can't pay. Besides, my name isn't on the durn title any way-GGGRRRRRR.

But I did sleep all night though- no 2 or 4 am posts. That's a very good thing.

I'm sure hoping this clears up by December, I need it off my plate.

Michael

Michael,

Have you tried sleep aids? I used to not be able to sleep and was miserable. I went to the Dr. to get a sleep test and thought I may have sleep aptnia. They found I didn't but had wrestless leg syndrome. They gave me some parkinsons meds which I took for about 2 years and the WLS went away. I now take 1/2 a prescription sleeping pill and 1/2 a walmart sleeping pill...works great.

Funny thing is that if I took a whole pill of either one it would knock my &^%$ in the dirt, but I can take 1/2 of each and be OK.

A lot of people may be against that, however, when you have to work it sure was a life saver for me.

I wish you well with that!

Phil

It's been suggested that I have apnea. I've put on too much weight past couple of years. Maybe with health coverage soon I can have some of this looked after properly. But last two nights have been good. Maybe feeling good about the future helps somewhat.

Thanks for the well wishes Gonz. Toasting for me is welcomed!

Michael

• Moderators

Check again dear Amy. Bodcaw Boy- who's name is that? And your web programmer does not use his name either.

So what's the rule again?

M

Bodcaw Boy is not a moderator.

The webmaster can do whatever he wants, he's the webmaster [:)]