Something Wonderful

colterphoto1

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willy....

If this is a HT set up more than a 2 channel one.. I would go with the three 650's up front, Two 525 surrounds.. Two 650's in the rears, and the KA 1000 amp with 2 subs.. This is the ultimate setup, Just remember it was designed for a "ULTRA 2" pre amp / amp as well.

That said....

I would love to have a shoot out in my own HT with La Scalas... to see for myself vs the THX system. For me.. I love the feel of the BIG OLE horns. It might be a better matched system (THX) and different.... I do not have side surrounds that are 2 directional as well. Although if I go 9.1, and the Sunfire offers this too as well...yes that is insane!!! LOL," I might do something crazy as two 525's, (Not so sure on the Timbre issue) or build a custom side surround to accommodate this with La Scala parts. Time will tell.

thanks gang, unfortunately they don't pay me to hang out here, so time is limited. But seriously if you have a real question that is up my alley, please call the tech support line or email in. That's what I'm there for! [:D]

Please no 'modification' questions though. We like our Klipsch just the way we make 'em!

M

Hello Mr. Colter ,

I have 5 old Belles in a '16 x '22 room . If I were to go with the top of the line Reference Series or THX system would there be a dramatic improvement in the quality of sound ?

I ask because basicly I have 5 washing machine sized speakers here and they are hindering my new home search .

See what I mean ?

Thanks in advance ,

Willy,

I might consider a trade. A local trade at that. How about the RF 7s, RC 7, RS 7s and RB 35s for the 5 Belles? My only issue would be the center channel situation but it might be worth investigating.

or you might be interested in the KLF 30s, 20s, Custom 20 center and KLF C7 in trade

thanks gang, unfortunately they don't pay me to hang out here, so time is limited. But seriously if you have a real question that is up my alley, please call the tech support line or email in. That's what I'm there for! [:D]

Please no 'modification' questions though. We like our Klipsch just the way we make 'em!

M

Hello Mr. Colter ,

I have 5 old Belles in a '16 x '22 room . If I were to go with the top of the line Reference Series or THX system would there be a dramatic improvement in the quality of sound ?

I ask because basicly I have 5 washing machine sized speakers here and they are hindering my new home search .

See what I mean ?

Thanks in advance ,

Willy,

I might consider a trade. A local trade at that. How about the RF 7s, RC 7, RS 7s and RB 35s for the 5 Belles? My only issue would be the center channel situation but it might be worth investigating.

or you might be interested in the KLF 30s, 20s, Custom 20 center and KLF C7 in trade

Hmmm ,

Mr. Colter ,

What does the Klipsch Technical dept. think of this trade offer ?

Do NOT sell your belles.. Are you kidding"

Hell I would trade you 5 RF-7's for the 5 matching belles in a heartbeat..(Even buying them new, I would come out ahead) But that would be stealing!

What you have SHOULD be awesome.. if you can possibly make it work.. do so.

If you can't... find me.. or 1/2 the board too..LOL.

Those look awesome!

Hell I would trade you 5 RF-7's for the 5 matching belles in a heartbeat..(Even buying them new, I would come out ahead) But that would be stealing!

Those look awesome!

Hey Indy ,

I was only trying to give Michael a chuckle with my original post .

This setup is absolutely Awesome ; I think we kinda know what each other has , and I have gone through too much trouble to get these 5 gals ! They are not for sale !!!

I was not kidding about the fact that they are hindering my house search . Right now they are in a 16 x 22 room , setup on the long wall . I really cannot imagine setting them up in a smaller room . They will overload this room easily and I swear the DD 18 sub is eventualy going to push out some windows ! "It's an old house ."

Gotta find a modest home with a large room addition . I found one a couple of months ago with a nice 18 x 24 room . The only problem was they were asking 20% more than the other houses in the nieghborhood and were not willing to negotiate at all .

Good thing I don't have to be out of here anytime soon ...

Willy

PS - Some folk are probably thinking , "Hey that's not a DD 18 in the pic ." They would be right the pic was taken last Christmas . I mean heck , I've only gotten 2 cards so far , and 1 was from my realator ... [:(]

post-18289-13819317995486_thumb.jpg

yes, thanks- I've got to get busy listening. Like my Klipsch collection, there was a period of time when the CD's stacked up around here and I haven't got a chance to listen to them all. I'd take them to work, but I'm on the phone a lot and the Muzak in our department is like they stole my record collection- Beatles, Zep, Yes, Deep Purple on a daily basis.

and I've got to get those Zep Hammer of the Gods CD sets out- they're burned, just need to finish jackets for them.

let me know if theres anything from my classic rock collection that you'd like. Tommy Bolin perhaps?

M

• Moderators

M

What? We have to pay you to hang out here with us now? All this time I thought you were here for the "conversation".

We love you and miss you. We got your telephone message and we hope your day went well.

Those look awesome!

Hey Indy ,

I was only trying to give Michael a chuckle with my original post .

This setup is absolutely Awesome ; I think we kinda know what each other has , and I have gone through too much trouble to get these 5 gals ! They are not for sale !!!

I was not kidding about the fact that they are hindering my house search . Right now they are in a 16 x 22 room , setup on the long wall . I really cannot imagine setting them up in a smaller room . They will overload this room easily and I swear the DD 18 sub is eventualy going to push out some windows ! "It's an old house ."

Gotta find a modest home with a large room addition . I found one a couple of months ago with a nice 18 x 24 room . The only problem was they were asking 20% more than the other houses in the nieghborhood and were not willing to negotiate at all .

Good thing I don't have to be out of here anytime soon ...

Willy

PS - Some folk are probably thinking , "Hey that's not a DD 18 in the pic ." They would be right the pic was taken last Christmas . I mean heck , I've only gotten 2 cards so far , and 1 was from my realator ... [:(]

dang I thought you were serious :(

as long as the house has a garage you'll be ok

• 1 year later...

I was doing some research for a forum buddy and ran across this. Remember these happier days two years ago when the economy was doing fine and life was full of promise?

I'm watching the presidential debates right now, the world (and myself) are in entirely different places.

I finally lost the lawsuit over the neighbors zoning infractions (I was trying to reassemble this estate to no avail) but this week began work on a workshop building for my crazy speaker hobby. 32 x 48 x 10 feet, that's about 5 cars worth! The bad news is that one week into in my builder went belly up. Good thing I saw it coming and made sure he wasn't paid anything in advance. So now I'm my own General Contractor/carpenter building this thing with the help of a few paid pros. It's a long way from my previous professions but I've worn a tool belt before. I helped lay concrete block today and I'm beat[|-)]

M