Need help- anything of interest in this #@!* quagmire?

sheltie dave

I'll try to make it out in the next couple days to see this guy's dungeon. Does anyone recognize anything of value outside of the tubes? I think there is a Sherwood tube integrated, but he did a wonderful job of taking the photos from a distance...

CaptnBob, are there any good mics in here?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/clt/220975182.html

This reminds me to stop by my home town.

There is a TV and Radio repair shop that i used to do work for when i was a teen that has been out of buisness for about 20 years. The place has been locked up like a time capsule.

Sign on door has a number for folks with claim tickets.

Looks like some serious iron in the last pic up from the bottom four,

also what may be a mono block of some sort in the pic with some sort of

tester in it. Some of those mike's may be worth some bucks and

the Beatles dolls may also have some value. Most of the receivers

look to be 70's solid state.

I'd love to root around in there for a couple of hours. Good luck.

It would be great fun to look at all that junk. You'd need a heckuva lot of room to put it in. How would you ever come up with a price for all of it?

The Beatles dolls look like the ones from 1991, licensed by Apple. They sell for around $100. This lot went for double that on eBay, but it had original tags intact.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-Hamilton-BEATLES-Dolls-Figurine-Set-w-tags-Apple_W0QQitemZ300033825249QQihZ020QQcategoryZ432QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd like the mirror ball, one of those old fashioned mics, the Beatles figurines (those might be worth a fortune.) Those old 'bullet' shaped mics are sometimes green and are used for harmonicas these days. SOme of those mics have ribbon transducers and sound very cool.

And what are those pyrimid shaped speakers?

What a great basement- bet his wife went crazy!

Michael

ok, the pix under the one with the Edison wax cylinders is a cabinet style FM radio, on top of it is the PLAYER for the Edison wax cylinders, I'm sure of it.

THe pix with the rock posters (doors, Zep- reproductions) has an interesting black CW size cabinet with a very bizarre horn setup on top- the multicellular thingie.

Looks interesting. Not much value to any of it, but some collector interest.

M

Holy Cow.....what a bunch of stuff ,really.........Thought I saw a pair of ESS AMT speakers on the floor..........I bet the Air Motion Transformers still work even if the woofers are shot, quite a bit of stuff there........I'm with Thebes...I'd like a few hours down there to paw around........unreal........EH!!!!! Looks like TUBE HEAVEN.............

I'll try to make it out in the next couple days to see this guy's dungeon. Does anyone recognize anything of value outside of the tubes? I think there is a Sherwood tube integrated, but he did a wonderful job of taking the photos from a distance...

CaptnBob, are there any good mics in here?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/clt/220975182.html

Where the heck did they get pictures of my shop........ Well its looks similar any way a complete mess.