Anyone using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 yet?

jacksonbart

Better than IE6, although a few vulnerabilities have already been reported

http://secunia.com/advisories/22477

My personal favorite remains Firefox. Performance wise, most will notice it is considerably faster than IE.. Release 2.0 just came out, recommend giving it a few weeks for all the browser extensions to be included before downloading. Release 1.5 is still available here.

• 2 weeks later...

Better than IE6, although a few vulnerabilities have already been reported

http://secunia.com/advisories/22477

My personal favorite remains Firefox. Performance wise, most will notice it is considerably faster than IE.. Release 2.0 just came out, recommend giving it a few weeks for all the browser extensions to be included before downloading. Release 1.5 is still available here.

Faster? Will this help dial up users? I wouldn't mind trying it as long as I can roll back to IE6 if it's not what I like.

Update:

After trying to install US Robotics dial up software the computer jumped up in the air and did a few flips before it crashed and rebooted many times with IE7. Booted up into safe mode and removed US Robotics software then everything is wonderfull again.

JJK

I also have used both IE-7 and Firefox with the number 2 upgrade this past few weeks on and off but being an old dog I can't get used to the tabs on either of them but Firefox seems a bit better to me I think its the layout over IE-7 and also IE-7 had some security issues "if I recall" when I decided to down load it so it seems like patch this and that somemore so I removed IE-7 completely and reloaded IE-6 and left Firefox 2 on my system to try and get used to the tabs. A few friends have gone Firefox all the way but I would like to keep playing around with them and see also what happens to IE-7 but I havn't or didn't have any issues with either of the 2 new ones but I didn't with IE-6 either but I would like to seen them run for a few months and see what the hackers are going to do with them. So to be honest I can't really judge either of them as of yet other then to say no issues except those I mentioned >>-> cheers to all-playtime

• 4 weeks later...

There is a widely repored problem with HP printers not working in IE7. They at HP are working on a fix. Also in my system if you select a printer other than the default printer to print an "E" mail it will only print the body of the "E" mail and not the address.

JJK