Where's Parrot been hiding?

Mike Lindsey

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul and I e-mailed eachother a bit last month, but I haven't heard from him since. I think he's just listening to his system for a change; taking a little well-deserved break from the Forum.[8]

Maybe Paul's ascertaining the worth of his PP tube amps...maybe Paul has finally come to his senses and now realizes that low watt SET power is the only way to go when driving his Klipschorns. He loves that midrange "magic" that only SET amps can provide. And he really likes these inexpensive Chinese made BEZ triode-powered stereo amps, especially my Model T3B 300B, class-A, 8 WPC power amp! Paul's considering ordering one from Hong Kong and is willing to wait 8 months for the slow boat from China to deliver it to his door step...

And then he woke up with a cold sweat from the nightmare he just had![:^)]

post-11084-1381931446451_thumb.jpg

He's probably here:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/1/291207/ShowThread.aspx

He's an editor and works out of his home -- music is always going.

Like a lot of folks that have left here, he probably feels the best years of this place are behind it. In short, it's boring. A continual rehash of the same subject matter coupled with strong shift against any idea that suggests spending a little more money nets a subjectively more pleasing sound to the ear. Oh yes, everything sounds pretty much the same, and if you hear a difference and like what you're hearing -- it's all in your head. And don't forget, it's not about what sounds the best to you in your room, it's about accepting what sounds worse because that's the way it was engineered to sound (whatever in the hell that means).

WOW, look I'm not looking to argue or debate, but isn't that alittle harsh? Speaking solely for myself, many things you say are true.............but it's what you didn't say....No matter what one's opinion of something is doesn't matter to me. I have found that there are some great people on this Forum, and I might not agree with their opinion, but they are still GOOD FOLKS............the fact that this is an Audio type forum can lead into some rather heated debates, boring statements qouting figures and terminology I have no idea what they are talking about...but it doesn't change the fact, that I have met some Good, Honest, Caring people here, and for that, I am Thankful, and will always be. I am a LONER by choice, I don't mingle well, but there are many people here who I would like to meet in person and offer a handshake...that's a big statement for me to make.......Maybe I am carrying this too far......but it's not the Forum.....It's the People on the Forum that make it fun for me..................I'll get off my soap-box now................

True.

I wasn't singling you out Buckster -- don't take it personal. I also disagree strongly with some people I happen to like. This forum is very relational in nature, but let's not forget it's still about getting the best sound we can get. Some of the stuff being said around here over the last year won't get you there.

I know you weren't.....it is a General statement on my part........It's the Music to me, not the equipment........I am no way commited to this Hobby the way some are...but I can not say enough about the people here....that goes unmentioned sometimes....People make a forum.......not the search for the perfect sound............Is there a Perfect Sound...other than silence?......................Carry on Deang