Will it take off?

Coytee

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

This thread was doomed when Mark D., aka J. Nauseum, got the answer right.

was it right just because he said it was right.

I argued drug addition with him years ago. I was speaking from experience; but, he wouldn’t deviate from whatever handbook he had on the subject. I was getting frustrated ... Mark, i lived that life and only hung around others that were living that life. I know why we started.  But, knowledge from actual experience with the subject matter meant nothing to him. 

Just now, BigStewMan said:

you are correct. was speaking only to the experience of relating to him. HIS facts mattered. In all of his posts, did he ever admit to being wrong about anything? 

He admitted that eating hot sauce was more beneficial than harmful despite his anti flavor food as fuel mentality.  That's all I can remember at the moment.

Let me preface by saying that Mark went completely off the rails saying things that were totally unacceptable.  Nonetheless, I must say he helped me on several occasions regarding a Dynaco SCA-35 and some speakers with knowledgeable advice offered in a gracious manner.

That said, a long history of good deeds is quickly undone by a single mean spirited insult.  The fact that he was nice to me does not diminish the gravity of his improper treatment of, and remarks to, others. 

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Too late to go into politics now, innit Diz?

I’d rather take a severe beating then go into politics.  That’s what drove me out of the prosecuting business, the fact that the boss was elected.  If I’d had a taste for politics, my last name recognition would have been an asset.