Heresys

mdbrien

I have three of the speakers mentioned here and have done a lot of comparison side by side on them. I may be one of the few here that feels that way, but I would pick the Heresy above the Forte and would pick the Chorus ahead of the Heresy. Bob Crites

Bob that is interesting.......I find the Forte's to have aggressive Mid-range, and the Heresy is smoother in the mids...................Can not comment on Chorus, have never seen or heard............To be honest about it, was in the market for Forte's, after listening to them for a couple of hours, I decide to pass in favor of the Heresy....Just my taste, I am not degrading the Forte's..............Just my taste..... each of us has different views on how our music should sound............I do think the Heresy is better when used with a Sub Woofer

I have three of the speakers mentioned here and have done a lot of comparison side by side on them. I may be one of the few here that feels that way, but I would pick the Heresy above the Forte and would pick the Chorus ahead of the Heresy. Bob Crites

Bob that is interesting.......I find the Forte's to have aggressive Mid-range, and the Heresy is smoother in the mids...................Can not comment on Chorus, have never seen or heard............To be honest about it, was in the market for Forte's, after listening to them for a couple of hours, I decide to pass in favor of the Heresy....Just my taste, I am not degrading the Forte's..............Just my taste..... each of us has different views on how our music should sound............I do think the Heresy is better when used with a Sub Woofer

If I had a recommendation, I'd certainly look at a good used pair of Heresy's. New ones.. Oh well,... they are expensive, but on occasion, you can find a pair of III's for about $900-1200. As far as H-I's vs H-II's, I've had 8-10 pairs over the years, including industrial TH-SR-3's, and still have my original "store bought" pair of 77' H-I's (along with 3 other pairs of H-I's and II's of various vintage).

They are a very versatile speaker, as many have mentioned in this thread and in others. At moderate volumes, they work very well, and I do agree with OB that for real "presence", a modern subwoofer will probably take care of any of your bass "needs". Placement is important; I've also found that at a "bookshelf" height (on top of a pair of K'horns), they need to be placed well into the corner, and dependent on the room and your "listening" area, might need "aiming". I have two pairs at 8' on top of bookshelves in opposing corners of the living room and they work fine.

Little real difference between the H-I's and the H-II's sound wise (IMO), major differences are in the construction, different driver #'s, and driver placement on the motor board. Unless you take off the grill..., you'll not really see any difference... H-I's are, however, easier to work with for such things as accessing the crossovers for recaps (generally required if older than 20 years...); H-II's really need new gaskets if you pull the drivers, and personally, I think the original E crossover is/was better than the H-II's.

If you get a pair of used Heresy's, you should also consider that you might want to refinish them at some point; and the Heresy's (I&II's) are solid plywood, not MDF, and thus take to staining or veneers much easier.

Hope that helps, and good luck in your search.

Buckster I think that was your hearing aide whistling. Push it back in and listen to the Forte's again. These being the first Klipsch speakers I ever heard and is what gave me the fever for this quest for the bigger better set-up. Every time I visit my cousin, with the Forte's, we crank them up and enjoy them as if it were the first time.

All in all they seem like a well balanced speaker that digs substantially lower than the Heresy.

interesting as I find the Heresy and Quartet (almost a Forte' II) very similar with more bass in the Quartet but more issues in placement...I can put the Heresys about anywhere on the floor and they sound great with no restrictions to the back wall...just my .02

Bill

Always the salesman aren't you..............just curious, what do you have?

oh i have 8 rods in all. 6 are falcon rods, the original series of course and i go shimano all the way. i have a coriolis that is my oldest and still my best reel... i wish i had bought more of them, then i have about 5 citica's and one castaic. i use mostly......oh.....you meant speakers.....[:$]

boy!!

Having not heard a set of Klipsch other than my own for almost 10 years, I can't very well comment on the Heresys. However, you did get my attention...

Six Falcons, huh? Heavy jig, light jig, dock flipping, spinnerbait, topwater, crankbait, buzzbait, scum frog, carolina rig, jigworm, and then backups for those when you have a "professional over-run" with 30 minutes left before weigh-in and a school of 5-6 lb'ers just started bustin shad 30 feet from you. You need to convince the wife you need at least 6 more!!

Nice collection of reels. I have a few Shimanos, all spinning for either docks or light line jigworms. Baitcasters are either Abu 5500's or Pflueger, I really like the President and have been impressed with the Trion for an inexpensive reel. Loomis, St Croix or AllStar rods. In fact, my wife is bugging me cause I've had my heavy telescoping slop rod in the laundry room for a month waiting to get the serial number section cut out so I can send it in for replacement, broke the top foot off on a hookset on a dink that surfed 15 feet. Good rods are expensive, but when they are warrantied for life it's money well spent.

Tight Lines.

• Moderators

Bob, did your comparisons include Forte or Forte II's. I find the Forte II's a little more clear sounding than the Fortes. We have listened to both, the Fortes and Forte II's with and without a sub woofer. Since the Forte II's are currently dedicated to 6.0 home theatre (primarily dvd concert videos) we have chosen to incorporate the sub woofer.

I was impressed with the Heresy III's especially because of the sound quality. IMO, the Heresys would be best suited for smaller listening/watching rooms, unless of course you have several pairs to incorporate.

No, what I have is the Forte I, Chorus I, and Heresy I. (and lots of others, but we are just talking about those here). I think in a small room at low volume the Forte is an excellent speaker. It found a place in the living room where my wife listens at (to me) very low levels. It did not do it for me in my large listening area.

When you feed nice polite levels to a Forte, it is a little Khorn in my opinion. When I want to "rock out" and get loud, I would prefer a Heresy, Chorus, La Scala, Cornwall, or best of all Cornscala. Just added Khorns to the mix, so will compare them to the Cornscala also.

Bob Crites

I didn't like the first iteration of the Heresy .... at the very beginning. To me, they didn't have enough "air."

Then, something changed. Crossover??

The next Heresy, still the Heresy I (I heard them -- borrowed a pair long term -- c 1974) was plenty airy and clear and a bit forward.

I have a pair of Heresy IIs, which I use as surrounds. They are clear, clean, and more forgiving of bad recordings that Klipschorns or Belles, but less live and real than either of these.

All Heresy models I have heard lack bass, but that's O.K. if they are used as surrounds, and I like to set them for "Large" -- go figure.

They also mate well with a good subwoofer, and would make for a very satisfying system.

Haven't heard the Heresy IIIs, but those who have, and have commented, seem to think there is an improvement.

I saw a pair of Fortes and a center channel in the local paper a couple weeks ago for $250. I wish I had picked them up.

That would have been a good deal.  I wonder what the center channel was?

Not sure but it would have been a decent start to a HT.

Always the salesman aren't you..............just curious, what do you have?

oh i have 8 rods in all. 6 are falcon rods, the original series of course and i go shimano all the way. i have a coriolis that is my oldest and still my best reel... i wish i had bought more of them, then i have about 5 citica's and one castaic. i use mostly......oh.....you meant speakers.....[:$]

boy!!

Having not heard a set of Klipsch other than my own for almost 10 years, I can't very well comment on the Heresys. However, you did get my attention...

Six Falcons, huh?

Heavy jig, yes

light jig, yes

dock flipping, no

spinnerbait, yes

topwater,

crankbait, yes

buzzbait, no

scum frog, no

carolina rig, no

jigworm yes

, and then backups for those when you have a "professional over-run" with 30 minutes left before weigh-in and a school of 5-6 lb'ers just started bustin shad 30 feet from you. You need to convince the wife you need at least 6 more!!

Nice collection of reels. I have a few Shimanos, all spinning for either docks or light line jigworms. Baitcasters are either Abu 5500's or Pflueger,

i have played with 5500's and like them and have always wanted to try a plfueger and lew reels.

I really like the President and have been impressed with the Trion for an inexpensive reel. Loomis, St Croix or AllStar rods.

what do you think of the all star rods?

In fact, my wife is bugging me cause I've had my heavy telescoping slop rod in the laundry room for a month waiting to get the serial number section cut out so I can send it in for replacement, broke the top foot off on a hookset on a dink that surfed 15 feet. Good rods are expensive, but when they are warrantied for life it's money well spent.

the sun will be out tomorrow so i am going fishing during the heat of the day. maybe the fish will come out to play with rib boy...

Tight Lines.

boy!!

I have two Allstars, both crankbait sticks. They load up well, have plenty of backbone for the occasional big Northern Pike we get up here, and have a very nice finish to them. Only thing I wish is that they had a slightly larger grip, I have very large hands and seldom find a handle that fits me well other than the Power Hump on some of the BPS rods. In all fairness, my Loomis and St Croix's have the same problem. Very minor quibble.

A guy in my club swears by the Lews reels, but I have enough reels already that I'm not going to start buying new sets just to change brands. (Probably 12-14 baitcasters? One good thing about having multiples of the same reels, the better half can't tell how many there really are. [:#] )

Hope you managed to get a few in the boat yesterday, I spent the day working on the cover for mine. Lake had opened up over the last few days but has another 1/2 inch skin on it this morning. My drags are all backed off, rods in stands with reels stripped till new line time in the spring. [:'(]

I have two Allstars, both crankbait sticks. They load up well, have plenty of backbone for the occasional big Northern Pike we get up here, and have a very nice finish to them. Only thing I wish is that they had a slightly larger grip, I have very large hands and seldom find a handle that fits me well other than the Power Hump on some of the BPS rods. In all fairness, my Loomis and St Croix's have the same problem. Very minor quibble.

i really like the falcon rods but have thought about trying an allstar.

A guy in my club swears by the Lews reels, but I have enough reels already that I'm not going to start buying new sets just to change brands. (Probably 12-14 baitcasters? One good thing about having multiples of the same reels, the better half can't tell how many there really are. [:#] )

you know....I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.....need to buy more of the same model.....very very clever...

Hope you managed to get a few in the boat yesterday, I spent the day working on the cover for mine. Lake had opened up over the last few days but has another 1/2 inch skin on it this morning. My drags are all backed off, rods in stands with reels stripped till new line time in the spring. [:'(]

i didn't get to go....i have alot of honey-do's and dadcanyou's so i spent the day catching up on that.

boy!!