pair of mid 60's cornwall verticals.

dp1954

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KG,

A suggestion start a new thread asking for help. Maybe "Cornwalls Located in Abilene, KS: Need Help with Pickup"? You get the idea.

Caveat: I ask the seller for pictures of the interiors (for future reference), but the seller declined to take pictures of the interiors, with the following reply:

"The backs have never been off these speakers and I am not going to remove them...Sorry you will just havve to trust me.....greg"

(a) The seller does not state that he is the original owner, (B) they appear to be in an antique shop, i.e. he is reselling them © and most important: he never uses the word "Cornwall" in the listing. All of this gives me little confidence that he knows much about what he has. That can be an advantage, if you can see what you are getting before money changes hands.

If these have the Jensen woofers in them they are worth more, but we don't know that or for that matter if the other drivers are original.

IMHO if these go for $700 - $800 + reasonable shipping they're a bargain just because they are CWO Verticals. If they are all original drivers with Jensen woofers $1,600 or less is a bargain.

Note: I don't post much, but have been around for quite awhile. I find you learn more by listening than talking.

Good luck. If you get them I sure would love pictures of the interiors for my collection.

MLW

I've decided that if I win them I will definitely be driving over to get them. It's about 1100 miles roundtrip from Hot Springs. I don't know if they will both fit in my Mercedes E320, I will measure my car space before I leave. If not I may take my girlfriends SUV. I will take plenty of big bubble wrap and some large sheets of foam.

I will be happy to post pictures if I get them. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions about these, so get ready!

Kevin

I hope you get these cornwalls... I don't believe they will fit in your mercedes though.... Not enough room between the door frame and the seats to squeeze them in... I've had several pairs and all of them fit in an explorer I had at the time with no problems. I tried to squeeze one pair in a ford crown vic but had the problem mentioned above.. You definitely don't want to put any scratches on them... One will fit in the trunk, but what to do with the other? Take the SUV.

dave

I've decided that if I win them I will definitely be driving over to get them. It's about 1100 miles roundtrip from Hot Springs. I don't know if they will both fit in my Mercedes E320, I will measure my car space before I leave. If not I may take my girlfriends SUV. I will take plenty of big bubble wrap and some large sheets of foam.

I will be happy to post pictures if I get them. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions about these, so get ready!

Kevin

CW's don't fit in my MB E300. They do fit nicely in a SUV though.

JT

Kevin

Kevin,

Won't fit in the E-320. Will fit in the M class (2 LaScala's barely fit). Take the SUV.

How many of us on the Forum are going to bid on these?

I don't want to be a part of a bidding war against my forum buddies, but I'm throwing my hat into the ring as well.

But!! that may change if I can score a pair of local Belle's.

JJ

It is very likely I will bid as well.

Jeremy

Take the SUV and some blankets.

Sorry a bit harsh about my previous comments but Klipsch is NOT making any more 1965 vertical Cornwalls. So consider these precious heirlooms or fine furniture.

Please whoever gets these- DO NOT TRUST any packaging or freight service. I really don't want to read another thread about how someone's

KLIPSCH SPEAKERS DEMOLISHED