OT just a cat

colterphoto1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but we did have a little one come to visit and stay recently. I think someone dumped this little 10 wk old kitty on me. He won't let me pet him, but is very quick and stays on the back porch where there is warmth, food and water- and big kitties to keep him warm.

Do ya think Macy got jealous of the new one and left for better digs?

M

• Moderators

It's been a week that she's been gone and I'm just sick over it. The worst is that I'm going to be gone for a week soon and I hope she doesn't try to come back home when I'm gone and there's no one here for her......

Great...now I feel guilty that you are leaving to come down here.[:S] BTW, our low temperature for Monday night is forecast to be 28, so be sure to bring a few warm clothing items.[:D]

Hey, I was coming down there for the HEAT WAVE- it's about that same temp here in Indiana- actually it was 63 last night when I went to bed.

I've got a girl watching the house who'll be stopping by every day and Macy is her fave cat, so I know she'll be on the lookout. Just now I remembered the last time I saw her. It was Wednesday night and I was trying to get them all inside. Macy just stood on the patio looking at me refusing to come in (as it gets colder, she really likes to take her time and I'm tired of letting the cold air in) , so I slammed the door on her... now I really feel bad.

I just hope she's safe somewhere.

• Moderators

Hey, I was coming down there for the HEAT WAVE- it's about that same temp here in Indiana- actually it was 63 last night when I went to bed.

I've got a girl watching the house who'll be stopping by every day and Macy is her fave cat, so I know she'll be on the lookout. Just now I remembered the last time I saw her. It was Wednesday night and I was trying to get them all inside. Macy just stood on the patio looking at me refusing to come in (as it gets colder, she really likes to take her time and I'm tired of letting the cold air in) , so I slammed the door on her... now I really feel bad.

I just hope she's safe somewhere.

It will be warmer during the day. I will check NOAA later and post more on the temps the week you will be here.

BTW, our cat "Mommy Cat" does the same thing. She will sit by the door waiting to go in or out, when we open the door she looks at us like we are stupid. So...we close the door and she sits in the same place until we open it again, then she runs out. As you well know, cats have their own personality. I still believe Macy will come home when she is ready. Cats are also resilient, she will find food and shelter.

And...she may just come running if you call her name...Mommy Cat does. BTW, Mommy Cat has never had babies, that's just what we call her, because she "rules the house".

Michael,

I'm sure your cat will be fine. Go away and have fun! Was your cat fixed? If not, well I know where my money is, and if she has been she's just out "catting" around.

That's why I like dogs. I have had cats that for what ever reason decide to move out and into the neighbors. A dog will starve at your feet. Well, not my fat dogs, starve that is!

Have fun Michael!

Phil

• Moderators

Yes I have all my kitties 'fixed'. We've adopted enough strays to not want to add to the population problem.

Mommy Cat has been fixed too. When I took her to the vet to get her fixed (at about six weeks old) he asked, "What's her name?". I said we just call her Mommy Cat, she doesn't really have a name. He wrote Mommy Cat on her chart and that's been her name ever since. She is almost twelve years old.

She is a wonderful cat. She sits by the door and waits for us to let her outside to do her "business". We have never had a litter box.

Colter, all you can do is more of what you're doing. Knock on all doors before you go and get out there for hours with a flashlight & food. Signs up at schools. Enlist kids. Pretend you are Jack Bauer saving the world from a nuclear attack. Stuff 100's of mailboxes with the flyer with your cell phone number. Minimally, you can feel you did your best and you'll get some exercise. Actually, dawnish might be a good time. If it rained, she would have taken shelter under a porch, woodpile, etc. She MUST be by someone's home/barn. Is the area wooded or is it farmish, clear?

My basement flooded. :(

Mike,

You may be right about the new little one having something to do with it. I've seen it before. Females don't generally like other femailes all that much. Especially once an older one gets her ways established and a new one shows up.

I have a male and 2 females. The male and one female grew up together and are about 9 years old. About 4 years ago we got another female kitten. The older female about $hit. She would attack the little one and hit her with her paws, while the male would groom the little one. He liked her. Today the relationship is much better. No one ran away. But, the older and younger females keep their distance and get into tiffs every now and then. They still don't care for each other. They are all neutered.

I hope she comes back for you.

hmmm, well Gypsy is a much older female, and doesn't get along with anyone. Steely (M) and Macy(f) we adopted within a year or so of each other and they have become fast friends. I think the new little one was cozying up to Steely, so that could have been the trouble.

What is this Feline Sociology hour? But that could very be it. I suppose if Macy comes back the little one will have to go. I'd rather have my cats that I know and love rather than some new strange one. Wish I'd seen that it could be trouble before she left...

Michael

still nothing. I visited more neighbors yesterday and stuffed more flyers in mailboxes. One knew of a local lady who had a bunch of cats, so maybe Macy is visiting them. She's checking for me. I bought several cans of the stinky tuna- will put them out when the rain breaks.