OT just a cat

colterphoto1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,If you've had her long enough,if she's able she'll come home. A few years back, I was backing my truck up and heard a thump! Got out to see my cat going around the corner of the shop. Went to look and saw that her head looked like a football. Off she sent went,six days later she came home skinny and hungry.Her head looked normal.Tuff cat!

Hope it works out.

Larry

Hope she finds her way home. Does she have a collar and tags?

No, I feel bad about that. I let them in and out since they were all barn cats. That's why I bought 2 acres, so they'd have plenty of room to play and stay away from the roads. Maybe she's just on an adventure. I know we don't have any loose or wild dogs around here.

Maybe tomorrow.....

Colter - Did you call everyone possible? Authorities/shelters. And flyers at the stores, etc? Has it rained? I think they can get messed up when it rains.

My cats have always been strictly indoor, but years ago I was replacing the glass/plexi in a 'screen' door, walked away to get the phone or a drink - and boom, cat got out. I knocked on every stranger's door for days - left phone number, etc. Had a few leads like "heard a cat meowing last night", etc..... Eventually someone took her in so she was living in a house for a few. I would have never found her if I didn't go balls out and irritate the whole neighborhood. She was gone for about 5 days.

She's spayed - yes?

If I lived close, I'd be out there searching with you. Leave lights on while you sleep.

Michael,If you've had her long enough,if she's able she'll come home. A few years back, I was backing my truck up and heard a thump! Got out to see my cat going around the corner of the shop. Went to look and saw that her head looked like a football. Off she sent went,six days later she came home skinny and hungry.Her head looked normal.Tuff cat!

Hope it works out.

Larry

Reminds of the time when one our folk's shop cats named Grubby made a pass through the radiator fan in my '69 LTD. (Grubby was really a true- blue outside cat, however.)

The folks were already out for Friday night, the stepbrother and I were about to embark for beer. He had to drive because I lost my driver's license. We get in, let's roll! He fires up the ignition, Thump! Thump! Thump! "What was that?" "I dunno, the car ran fine earlier.."

He starts it again, the car runs normal. We back up, and there is Grubby....he had a bad habit of sleeping up inside and around the engines of cars when it was cold, and paid the price.....(He could get in the shop via cat door to warm up and eat, but he was a outside cat.)

So we are trying to figure out how to explain to the folks how this cat got chewed up, and then just said forget it and left. I know that sounds cold, but the cat population at the place was way out of hand at the time.

We figured that they would figure the cat got trashed by a coyote.

We come home and the cat is gone.....Ok, either a coyote drug whats left of him off and chowed on him, or the folks seen him and moved him elsewhere.

A week goes by........Mom wonders what to happened to Grubby, he's usually turns up within a week if he cruises off. "Maybe the coyotes got him." "Yeah, I suppose so....." And that was that.......

A month later, this cat comes draggin' his *** up the driveway, broken hip and ripped open one side down the other. But, he is almost healed.

His hip was a little trashed, but he fully recovered with both rear legs working fine. His front chest and front legs pretty much doubled in size to make up the difference.

Tough cat, I had a lot of respect for him after that incident. Even though he wouldn't let me or the stepbrother within 25 yards of him.

Hope your cat turns up ok, Mike.

I've had my cat since she could fit on the palm of my hand. She's now big and strong. Some months ago she killed a wild rabbit and dragged the carcas home. To show me how tasty it was she ate its rear legs and gave the rest to me. Sometimes I think we're more like room-mates; of course I have no clue what the cat thinks. She's my best friend.

Best of luck to you!

If Macy Grey is able & hasn't been snatched she will be back. She's probably like most women I know, out looking for a better deal.[;)]

I bought a dog collar at Petsmart that came embroidered with her name & my cell. I think they have cat collars online too.

JT

• Moderators

Hope it works out.

Larry

I agree with Larry and the others who have said she will come home if she is able.

Our cat is an indoor/outdoor cat. She meows at the front door when she is ready to come in and sits by the front door when she is ready to go out.

About three years ago she was at the door crying really loud. We opened the door and she could barely walk. She had been shot. The bullet went in at her shoulder and exited the other side. We really thought she was going to die. A week later she was just fine.

About two weeks later our neighbor came over and told us he had shot her. Little did he know, our other neighbor had already told us that he had shot her

BTW, what are you going to do with your cats when you come down here?

Yeah, mine are killers too. This old 1950's neighborhood is stricken with chipmonks, who tunnel everywhere. Theres a bunch who used to live under my tool shed. Until I moved in. The cats used to bring me a chipper every other day. Had a few rabbits too, full sized ones even. But they've never caught a squirrel.

Most of the neighbors are cat people too, and no mischevious adolescents, so I doubt if anyone harmed her on purpose. Hopefully she'll be back soon.

I have an ex-gf (can you belive I ever even had a gf?) who knows them and the house and drives right by here on the way to work. So she'll watch over things in my absence. Probably bring her new bf in my hot tub too. But that's ok- he's a great guy and the source of my Khorns. [;)]