K-Horns for Sale Austin Craigs List: $750

• Moderators

I called this guy at 5 p.m. and asked if they were sold, he said, well I am not sure, guy came by today, said he wanted them but had to talk to his wife. He called back and said wife said o.k., and he will be by tomorrow at noon to pick them up. I told hm that if he did not show I would could be there with 750 cash by 12:30. He said I was for sure No. 2 if No.1 did not pan out. So everyone keep their fingers crossed, cause if I get these someone is going to get a killer deal on a pair of K-Horns. They are raw birch, he purchased them in 78, says the cabs are in fair condition, but horns/drivers are all perfect.

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/242702173.html

I will let you know

Travis

Forget about the 'other guy'. Take truck and blankies, show up first thing in the am with $500 crisp bills in one pocket, misc $50's crumpled in other pockets. (old trick from Johnyholiday- good one Johny). Plug em in, act unimpressed, start dealing!

Good luck!

Michael

750 is a totally fair price for a pair of k-horns no matter what the condition is, just pay that and be happy you got a super deal, this beating a guy down stuff has a place and time i cant see where this would be it ......... of course this is assumeing you get the call to go ahead with the deakl

Joe

What "I" would do here is bank on wife agreeing - then totally freeking out once they get in her house and she sees them with her own eyes, where they are going, etc.

For him to mention "wife" that means there's already a potential issue. I would want to somehow get my name/number in the buyer's hands. 1) Wife might freek 2) Might have placement issues 3) Might not get it to sound good 4) basic buyers remorse...... etc. etc. Obviously, for this guy to not buy them sight unseen and/or say "gotta talk to wife" over spending a mere $750 for khorns - something's amiss all the way around. I would BEG the seller to give the buyer my contact info in case things didn't work out (even if 2 months down the road). This one has a good chance/potential.

If you really want the speakers and the seller does buy them, go help him load them and talk to him. Unless he already has KHorns, he will need help.

Good luck and let us know!

You will get yourself 1st on the buyers potential sell list also.

• Moderators

It is 12:12 here as I write this. I just called the sell and got his voice mail, left a message saying I was ready to come over with the cash if Buyer No. 1 was not there. I also wanted to tell him to give the seller my Name and Number if it did not work out.

It is not looking very good.

Travis

Ok Travis, I am dieing to no the final outcome. Did you get them? I also live in Austin, & it seems when I go out of town the horns come up for sale. I track Craig list 6 to 8 times per day for the past year in search & just as last time when I get to lufkin ( visiting my dad) I miss out on the deal. So whats the final chapter, hope one of us Klipschiies scores them?

Cornman