Amp fight! Choose your weapons!

DizRotus

Which would be your weapon of choice in an amp fight, Moondog or VRD, and why?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For the purpose of answering the above question, assume that the civil use of written words has failed us (not hard to imagine). Instead of a civilized debate, were in an open field hunkered down behind the speakers of our choice with the opposition 100 away using the speakers of their choice as protection. As in most things audio, there are no universally correct or incorrect answers, only opinions.

The Moondogs would be easier to throw with accuracy, whereas the VRDs would inflict greater damage if you scored a direct hit. Conversely, the VRDs have more tubes that could be used as ammunition prior to heaving the rest of the unit.

OK, its a ridiculous premise to use amplifiers as weapons of combat. But, its only slightly more ridiculous than trying to convince someone that your preferred amplifier is better than his/her preferred amplifier for playing music.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Moondogs would be easier to throw with accuracy, whereas the VRDs would inflict greater damage if you scored a direct hit. Conversely, the VRDs have more tubes that could be used as ammunition prior to heaving the rest of the unit.

CRAIG!

I'll need a pair of extra-extra strong pair of power chords with my VRD's; as I intend to whirl them around like a lasso while lopping off the heads of my victims.

Man, it's a good thing I have a long skinny neck. You don't know mean until you've come across an angry ostrich [8o|]

Ummmmm, I just like my Moondogs. I enjoy the music through them. They are paid for. The only downside I find with the Moondogs is that they don't generate as much heat as a pair of VRDs would, and heat would be nice with the thermometer dropping the way it is.

I am not gonna knock the VRDs. I just couldn't afford them. And, once again, at the levels I listen at, my "dogs" are doing just fine.

Bruce

You go with your 357 pop gun you'll be clipping the ground at 100 yards. I'll use my 270 Wby mag from 700 yds the hit will push/pull you right down.[;)]

Or maybe a silent, low power distortionless ambush SET from a tree at 60 yards with my bow.

Every man for himself!!!!!

You go with your 357 pop gun you'll be clipping the ground at 100 yards. I'll use my 270 Wby mag from 700 yds the hit will push/pull you right down.[;)]

700 yards for your Weatherby and hitting a target smaller than the broad side of a barn--that sounds awfully good.

700 yards for your Weatherby and hitting a target smaller than the broad side of a barn--that sounds awfully good.

Don't mess with me birdyboy![:)]

Or maybe a silent, low power distortionless ambush SET from a tree at 60 yards with my bow.

I knew I could get the subject matter changed on this one LOL !!!!! Thanks Rick lets talk guns.

Cheers Craig

PS

I wrote you a darn 3 paragraph reply PM late last night about the amp discussion we were having and the darn forum crashed while I was writing it man was I mad.

From what distance can you nail a parrot?

As far as Smilin can C[8o|]

Yo, whassup

Steve been meaning to post to you. How you been? We have to chat some time and catch up. Might be better on my end to wait until the hollidays though very busy here.

Craig

I knew I could get the subject matter changed on this one LOL !!!!! Thanks Rick lets talk guns.

Cheers Craig

PS

I wrote you a darn 3 paragraph reply PM late last night about the amp discussion we were having and the darn forum crashed while I was writing it man was I mad.

I hate it when that happens.

If you notice, I tried to keep this about audio.[;)]

Neil,

I don't know how heavy the VRDs are, but I think you have never picked up a pair of Moondogs. They weigh in pretty heavy too. Cariag - how much do those monsters weigh? Or anyone else who owns a pair, what does a single weigh?

Bruce